Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
foo foo juice
cologne or aftershave, preferrably something of some value (i.e. not Stetson)
Pimp Homeo had to overindulge in foo foo juice before a romantic interlude.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As in, "Yo grl! U betta git that foo foo juice off u b4 yor man b up n yor face!" :occasion14:

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, like cider, it's what you get when you squeeze foo foos too hard

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Something that someone made up recently... I don't get it either.

S

stefen

Coming in from the barn, I entered the mud room having braved a major snow storm.

Colder than all get-out...near froze my azz off.

Using a boot jack, I removed my boots, then sat down to remove my outer leggings.

As I did so about six or so small frozen fuzzy white balls lightly hit the floor, bouncing around, soon melting.

Well, they weren't the most pleasant smelling foo-foo's.

Gotta say they was the first frozen flatulencia I'd ever seen...:laughing7:

Last edited:

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think everyone here has been sniffing the dollar store perfume too much. I think in the MD world it was a term coined by the Hoover Boys of youtube. Its just a small spray bottle of water to get the dates off a coin or some relic in the field. Better than actually rubbing the coin. I myself have only found .30 this year in modern clad so I am in no need of t just yet.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep a small spray bottle with me that I fill with water and about 2 drops of Dawn. Then use it as stated in the post above.

OP
OP
DennisNJ

DennisNJ

Nov 13, 2014
Atco, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
White Coinmaster 5000d Series 2 (Vintage)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think everyone here has been sniffing the dollar store perfume too much. I think in the MD world it was a term coined by the Hoover Boys of youtube. Its just a small spray bottle of water to get the dates off a coin or some relic in the field. Better than actually rubbing the coin. I myself have only found .30 this year in modern clad so I am in no need of it just yet.

I agree, After seeing videos and learning, there is concern about scratching the coin rubbing the dirt off of it so a container was used to spray on the coin to prevent that scratching, and maintaining the value. The sticker said FOO-FOO juice. I was wonder if it was a cleaning mixture, like Dawn detergent, Lemon, and water. and was it on the market, or was it just plain water.

Most of the posst here, are showing the humor of detectorists, which put a smile on my face.

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its just water. Sorry for nercoing this thread but was was wondering what it was as well lol.

"Rubbing the dirt off of silver coins can leave scratches and greatly decrease its value and appearance. I used to take my silver coins home dirty and run them under water. When i started The Hoover Boys Metal Detecting YouTube Channel i wanted a solution to clean my silver coins in the field. This way i could reveal the coins details, date, and mint mark on site. So i would carry a small spray bottle of water with me. One day I called it Foo-Foo Juice and the name just stuck. To be funny i slapped a Foo-Foo sticker on my bottle. Foo-Foo Juice was born. Fill with your choice of cleaning liquid. We use water. "

The Hoover Boys Foo-Foo Juice Bottle | eBay

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's an "old-timers" term meaning perfume or cologne. I first heard the term from my Dad.....and he was from the "greatest generation."

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is most people don't get that water makes some finds worse and not better.... but I guess there's a price to pay to be cool like the Hoover Boys. My absolute two biggest pet peeves watching videos is spraying the finds, and calling out the number reading on the detector. Who cares if you have a 12-24... what's the difference, just dig the damn hole!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions