Finally Got Permission to MD in Local Parks

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
It took me a while because i had to go through different channels which kept sending me to someone else to request for permission to MD local parks. Today I got a call from the Parks Division Manager and he told me that i had permission and gave me his full name and phone number in case anyone asks.

The only problem is that what I gathered from the conversation he doesn't want any digging at all and told me about other people who have gotten permission to MD and use probes to get coins and such, so I am going to have to become an expert at coin flipping. :o

Anyone knows of a good probe and system to retrieve coins and jewelry without diggin much?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging is the lazy hunters way of retrieving a target. I understand if it is very deep there is no other way and if the ground is dry, I leave it. I've seen a nice grassy area that had lots of little brown circles where plugs were cut and that is what gets us all a bad name.

I use a screwdriver as a probe. I also have another screwdriver with a tip that is turned for pulling out a coin. Forceps are great too. Geez, never get seen with a shovel.

Attachments

• fillholes (Small).jpg
    fillholes (Small).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 242
  • fillholes (Small).jpg
    fillholes (Small).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
LuisTH

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Yeah, that's what I am afraid of. I know of a local park that is close to where i live and where i used my detector just to get an idea of what i could find. I did this after asking someone working in a coffee shop in the park about MD because i couldn't find the groundskeeper. The woman was very nice but she and her co-worker didn't know who the groundskeeper or park attendant is, but she said she saw no problem. i just used the MD without digging until i got permission. Anyways, I found a lot of good targets that seem promising.

The only problem is that the lawn is very thick and very nice. I have been thinking, even after getting permission I'll probably leave that park and try to find somewhere else that is not so nice and where I can do the coin popping system or even the plug without destroying a lawn. I have been researching some old pony express sites, which are abandoned now if Google Earth is right, and have a few of them marked in Google Earth around my area. That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread