vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Lucy John! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oregon for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party, John. Looking forward to your finds. You have some great areas up there. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet John, I did not find any groups near me, I simply read post after post concerning the topics I need to add to my knowledge base and then continued to incorporate them in my hunts. Not being part of a group and also not being brought up in the area forced me to get to know the locals better as I would catch them in their yards and strike up a conversation. Many of thew locals have given me permission to hunt their properties. Permissions are the way to go.

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi John. I'm in Salem, but hope to get over to the coast just as soon as the weather won't kill me. One nice thing about Coos County is the number of historical photos and records of human activity there. I was just leafing through my copy of "Can't You Hear the Whistle Blowin': Logs, Lignite and Locomotives in Coos County, Oregon." Some of those photos would surely provide guidance on where to look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread