New at pro

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it slow and learn all you can. You will reap great benefits with it. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

mowinman

Dec 24, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use pro mode, zero, set iron descrim at about 32, settings I use. Dig everything to learn machine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start in standard mode...pro mode gives you a lot more noise and info but can be overwhelming when your not used to it...you have plenty of time to switch to pro mode after you learn the machine...you will find plenty in standard mode...experiment back and forth with both modes and you will see what I mean...good luck.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the first machine i have put over 100hrs into, pretty awesome little rig and i were you, from experience try and get an "AT Pro International" - i would say start in pro zero mode with Iron audio ON, discrimination 0-25 so to include some small small gold items, and try to get a 5x8 cool as it's much lighter, way better separation, still a DD coil... It's a good machine
Dig anything 45 and up repeatable within +/- 5 if slight jumpy. Don't be afraid of junk, gems hide sometimes and you never know what will come up. Best of luck!.

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are digging for coins, listen to the machine, if it is a solid bell tone with 52 VDi it is likely a nickel, 81-82 most likely a dime, 86-87 most likely a quarter, the tones will solid ding, no breakup or hiccup in the tone. In the 80's if it whines it is most like a pop can or can top

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!
the ATP is a Great machine!!!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Start in Pro mode. It's the only way to learn what it's telling you. 5 x 8 coil is huge if your in trashy area's.:thumbsup:Good Hunting!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5x8 coil. Worth every cent~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread