Looking to get a treasure pouch...

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
I want one that has at least four compartments and is made of cordura or a similar tough material. Also, it must have a pocket to drop the pin pointer in, and another one for the trowel. The coin elite pouch is close to that and goes for about $28, but it doesn't have a "D" ring:
http://www.amazon.com/Coin-Elite-Metal-Detector-Pouch/dp/B00OPQ6NTW

There is another similar one made by Pro-tector.co.uk seen here that I like, it comes with a "D" ring made onto it for the pin pointer to hook onto:
Heavy Duty Finds Pouch

I don't know if Pro-tector has any US distributors, but I did send them an email to inquire about it. Still waiting on an answer, but does someone here know??

I know about the leather ones that you can have custom made, but that doesn't interest me. Are there any other similar ones that are close to what I am looking for?? Thanks.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advise is take a walk down the tool belt isle in home depot and lowes, you may just find what your looking for. ...I did.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
$3.99 at Ace Hardware, including trowel.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HIGHLY recommend the OmegaMill pouch! I have the relic-elite version. They are extremely well made! The relic is bigger and it does have a d-ring, but it could be too big depending on what hunting you do.

OP
OP
kebo (scnative)

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My advise is take a walk down the tool belt isle in home depot and lowes, you may just find what your looking for. ...I did.

Good idea, I think I will take a look see before I do anything. Thanks!

OP
OP
kebo (scnative)

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I HIGHLY recommend the OmegaMill pouch! I have the relic-elite version. They are extremely well made! The relic is bigger and it does have a d-ring, but it could be too big depending on what hunting you do.

The relic bag is just too big for my style of hunting, which is mainly coins & rings. The coin elite might be the ticket though, if I don't find a tool pouch that I like better. Thanks.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other

This. A canvas pouch and 2" nylon belt can be had cheap, and there's plenty of room and pockets for trash that gets dug as well as keepers, and even a water bottle. The 2" belt is plenty wide enough to make it comfortable to carry your PP and digger as well, plus when you're done, it all comes off at once.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a nail apron it has 3 pouches one for coins one doe trash and the middle one for my trowel then my pin pointer pouch slides on and is at the side of my coin pocket.....Matt

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will look like Mr Gadget if you get to much. Remember you will want to carry another pack with water toilet paper and snacks. I like the simple Garret pouch that zips up so you do not loose everything I already have a holster for pinpointer and lesche. I wear a back pack if far away from my Vehicle. I hunt with a guy and he wears a tool pouch and has so much stuff he has to wear the heavy duty suspenders to hold everything up. Trick is go light. Best buy is a good set of knee pads.
Let us know what you decide.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
kebo (scnative)

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, here's what I finally wound up with... I took the advice of one of the above posters "showtime" and looked at a lot of tool/utility pouches. When looking for a pouch, I wanted one that had a main pocket, and two side pockets, and also had a "strap" to hold a tape measure. I had an idea to modify my Lesche shovel to make use of that strap, as you will see below. I finally found one online that I thought would work and ordered it. I got a CLC 1523 zip top utililty pouch, you can google it for more info.

Clc ZipTop Utility Pouch, Small, 7 Pocket 1523 | Zoro.com

Note: I actually ordered it through Amazon for $18, but shipping was free since I ordered some other stuff and it was above the $35 min for free shipping. You can order it for $11 at the link above (hope it's ok to post the link) but you will still have to pay shipping so in my case it worked out the same. I also ordered a 2" wide belt to use with the new pouch.

Here's a picture of the tool pouch and belt. You can see the PP and trowel fit nicely. There's a loop that comes with a carbiner for the PP harness. I will tell you that on the side pocket for the trowel, I took a razor and cut the stitching loose at the bottom of that pocket so the trowel would sit down in the pocket a little deeper. It fits snug enough there is no worry of it slipping through. Notice the strap with reinforced metal for the tape measure, in the middle of it.

DSC02246.JPG

Here's me wearing the belt with everything on. It all fits together nicely, wears very comfortable, and I think will work nicely. Notice the shovel is hooked onto the strap for the tape measure.

DSC02251.JPG

Here's a closeup of the "bracket" that I made, and had welded onto the Lesche shovel. I used a piece of 3/16" thick steel. Note: The steel in the shaft on this shovel is actually thinner than you would think. The welder burned a hole through it, then had to fill it in so that's why it has the big gob on it. He said had he known it was that thin, he would have used the acetylene torch, which wouldn't have burned it like the Lincoln rod welder he used.

DSC02247.JPG

Have not had a chance to get out and use it yet (and supposed to snow/sleet/rain here in upstate SC on Saturday too :dontknow: ), but I think this set up is going to work just fine! :icon_thumleft: I could have welded the bracket a little higher up, but I didn't want the shovel sitting too low (and swinging in a bigger arc) and hitting me in the side of the leg every time I walked.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't seen anyone else ever use a bandolier setup like I do...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453431456.220159.jpg

I use a military style pouch with 2 compartments - one for trash and a smaller for the goods -
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453431610.017249.jpg

You can buy one and a web belt at military surplus stores. I have the pouch, my pinpointer in it's holster and a leather sheath with my Garrett Sidedigger on the belt across my shoulder. It keeps everything higher than around my waist and isn't pulling my pants down lol. My hunting partners and the property owners appreciate that fact!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a fishermans vest sometimes but most of the time I use the cloth nail pouch. I do carry an old 35mm film canister with a couple cotton balls in it if I find an exceptional coin, button or other small relic.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I get mine at another home improvement store for under 80 cents each.

I found a spare cheap.
But my Ace bag kinda matches an Ace detector or two! l.o.l..
Pinpointer holster rides on left tie standing just off edge of pouch. Savers on left side junk in right , and a padded pill bottle for potential special coins in junk side till used.

Bad luck to wash a pouch though.

PaJim

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Whites coinmaster

Garret AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just walked down the tool belt isle in lowes tonight and came across a nice sized spill proof pouch. $14, seems durable, and the top closes... wouldn't want to have a coin slip out:) AWP HP is the brand, but I can't find the one I bought on lowes website.

Did find it... spill guard, not spill proof.

Shop AWP HP 135-cu in Ballistic Nylon Tool Pouch at Lowes.com

haha... I keep editing, I must admit I didn't read your requirements before posting. I'll leave it up in case anyone else finds it a nice little bag for themselves.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread