JUST HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL

S

stefen

I recently contracted pneumonia and landed in the hospital.

There was this one nurse that just drove me crazy. Every time she came in, she would talk to me like I was a little child. She would say in a patronizing tone of voice,"And how are we doing this morning?"

Or.... "Are we ready for a bath?"

Or... "Are we hungry?"

I had enough of this particular nurse. One day at breakfast, I took the apple juice off the tray and put it in my bedside stand. Later I was given a urine sample bottle to fill for testing.

So you know where the juice went!

The nurse came in a while later, picked up the urine sample bottle, looked at it and said, "My, my, it seems we are a little cloudy today."

Instantly, I snatched the bottle out of her hand, popped off the top, and gulped it down, saying, "Well, I'll run it through again. Maybe I can filter it better this time!"

The nurse fainted... I just smiled! :laughing7:

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stefen,

Glad to see you still have your sense of humor and hopefully you are on the mend.

Regards + HH

Bill

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next time she asks "are we ready for a bath", reply:

"Depends. Did you bring your friend?"
Reasonable possibility of that shutting her up. Maybe?

Hope you're feeling much better. Hospitals are no fun.

OP
OP
S

stefen

I think the Head Nurse treasure hunts on her off-time...wears knee pads :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Too :laughing7: Stefen would of liked to see the look on her face when you did that one.

Figured it out early that nurses were running the show, so it was case of biting the bullet and keeping it in check. This meant treating them well no matter how they rubbed me wrong as they were the ones that could take the pain away and make the recovery easier. That comes from being under the knife a couple dozen times and having a few stays on top of that for other reasons, one being a double pneumonia which resulted in 35 day stay once.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is how an experienced nurse would have dealt with a cute prank like that:

"0815- Patient exhibiting bizarre, delusional behavior. Observed drinking own urine from specimen cup. Believes it was apple juice. Resident on call notified for assessment. Patient determined danger to self. Pink-slipped to psych unit. Upon transfer patient became combative; shouting, cursing, spitting, threatening staff, threatening to sue hospital. Code violet called requiring hands-on intervention by security. Transfer to psych completed. Patient moved to seclusion room and placed in four point leather restraints. Medicated with 2mg Ativan and 10mg Haldol IM in right buttock, and 50mg Benadryl IM in left buttock. Patient remains hostile and delusional at this time. Still perseverating about apple juice. Will continue to monitor."

:sunny:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have said... "that's not cloudy"...

Its over cast. :P

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how an experienced nurse would have dealt with a cute prank like that:

"0815- Patient exhibiting bizarre, delusional behavior. Observed drinking own urine from specimen cup. Believes it was apple juice. Resident on call notified for assessment. Patient determined danger to self. Pink-slipped to psych unit. Upon transfer patient became combative; shouting, cursing, spitting, threatening staff, threatening to sue hospital. Code violet called requiring hands-on intervention by security. Transfer to psych completed. Patient moved to seclusion room and placed in four point leather restraints. Medicated with 2mg Ativan and 10mg Haldol IM in right buttock, and 50mg Benadryl IM in left buttock. Patient remains hostile and delusional at this time. Still perseverating about apple juice. Will continue to monitor."

:sunny:

Four point leather restraints? Ativan, Haldol...AND Benadryl?
I think I know that nurse!!:laughing7:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Think she's the Ohio State linebacker with the dreds...Yeah, the one always adjusting her cup on camera...

Can hear her brass ones clanging following a block...:laughing7:

Last edited:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude your sick.:dontknow: isnt it all fun? :occasion14:

OP
OP
S

stefen

Welcome back to the world of reality...

How ya doing my friend?

When will ya be out and about?

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great! I so am going to do that next time I have a physical for work.
Kyle-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread