Clearing the air and removing my coin counter....

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Boobydoo said:
Personally, I really enjoy all your posts and always look at your coin counter as it is great to see any TH'er amassing that kind of totals. We know you work it hard out there and the nice totals are evidence of that.

I hope you put your coin counter back up. Like you said before, there are a lot of Th'ers that are finding much more then you and I in total clad but we all have our own pace and goals to meet.

I can relate to your sentiment though. I have been questioned several times about the authenticity of my finds, and yep, it bummed me out but I really like this site and had to just try to ignore it and move on.

Keep doing what you do Greg!! Best of luck to you out there buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks I know you are having a great year also, it did bother me a little to have to show pictures, but glad I did not cash any of it in yet. I wanted to get a picture of my 1 year total...so i have been saving all the coins...did sell 2 rings though! ;)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
detectordave said:
I dont doubt the count, Im just jealous :O) Hh dave.

Thanks I work veryhard for it and the mother in law calls me addicted and shakes her head. I go to her house and disappear to the closest parks. i notice the ones by her house really are loaded with coins...very rich area. Kids all carry quarters, not pennies, glad its not dollar bills...but the dollar coins would be nice! ;D ;)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Sandman said:
Egads son, that is a whole lot of bending and getting back up. My back hurts from just thinking about it. Nice job. Did you leave any for the rest of us?

I am missing all the silver!!! ??? 1 per 900 coins, 4 total this year and so many claim to hate clad...so i guess there is plenty for everyone! :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
SC_hunter said:
DFX....Don't take the counter down...GEEEEZZZZ....You give me insperationg...I kinda fell behind the last couple of weeks but will be trying to stay in the ballpark with ya..lol Keep diggin them holes.

Glad you have not seen or talked to a few with the higher totals then me...they will make you dizzy! ;D They tell me they do get out daily and some just hit tot lots, some beaches. i am mainly in the dirt in parks, most finds 0.0 to 3.5

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
gregl01 said:
Don't let others bother you, keep up the good work. You evidently have found some great spots and work them well!!!!
Greg

Most of the parks i hit have a lot of clad and some deep! Strange with my silver count...Tried the forest preserve a few times this year, very low coin counts..think 22 once and right around that the other time...mostly pennies and a few wheaties.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
cryptodave said:
Keep counting the clad... I hate it, and wish it all upon you! ;D

I much prefer deep relics and old silver... So does my Explorer! ;)

Dave the back and forth play is fun...I notice some of the explorer users really got mad at me! Especially that one new gut that wrote a horrible review about his new explorer and when i quoted his exact words he did not know what to do! I know a lot of people give a luke warm review when they first get their detector..i remember doing the same! ;)

Oh and the relics do not seem to be in the parks that i hunt...hey could that be because most had soil added and became parks in the 1950's? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Cynangyl said:
pffft don't remove your counter. I never doubted you but sure was inspired by your posts. Don't let a few ruin it for the rest of us! Keep it! :D :D :D

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Hope that cleared the air! Impressive haul. May I ask if that is for this year or has it been accumulated? I still have my clad from last year, seperate from this year's so I can keep tabs, but I'll join them after I inventory and take pics in December for yearly totals post.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DFX-Gregg said:
Also people have told me even though they are not finding as much clad I should not be posting pictures of it. More or less saying it is not worth the post!... :(

Now that is unreasonable. Sure, we'd all love to be poating all our six karot diamond rings and gold Stellas, but anyone should not hesitate to post any find here (or other sites) that they feel they want to. We don't all have the same values or sense of treasuredness. (Hey, I just invented a word). There is a "cool" and "Gee Wizz!" factor beyond cash equivalent worth to some finds, and a honkin pile of clad is impressive.

We had one neighbor kid in our "gang" that could catch fish with unbelievable regularity. But he was the first to get his line in, stayed at it all day and was the last to leave. Practice makes perfect, and puttin in time with the right practice is important, too. You're what I'd call "focused". I'm all "whilly-nilly" and let other things interfere with my detecting. We all make have to make choices with the least renewable of our resources - time.

Here's to 10,000!

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ricardo_NY1 said:
Hope that cleared the air! Impressive haul. May I ask if that is for this year or has it been accumulated? I still have my clad from last year, seperate from this year's so I can keep tabs, but I'll join them after I inventory and take pics in December for yearly totals post.

Ricardo the totals I post are from this year. The picture itself includes an additional $90 worth of finds from when i got the dfx in November, December. I am also saving my finds for a 1 year picture then its time to cash in! ;) i do have them separated by coin type.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
BlueShadow said:
Not post clad!? what the hell would I post then, tell those doubters they talk like *hit salemen with their mouths full of samples.
Just my two cents worth (mems of course)
Keep diggin, keep counting I love your posts don't quit a good thing
HH
Blue

Thanks Blue, I just also read a post that came back on the whites general forum at findmall.com that said.....big deal why not post the pictures of your silver and buffalo nickels! I have posted all 4 silver coins i found this year and the 0 buffalo nickels...well that picture will have to be invisible! :D :D :D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Charlie P. (NY) said:
DFX-Gregg said:
Also people have told me even though they are not finding as much clad I should not be posting pictures of it. More or less saying it is not worth the post!... :(

Now that is unreasonable. Sure, we'd all love to be poating all our six karot diamond rings and gold Stellas, but anyone should not hesitate to post any find here (or other sites) that they feel they want to. We don't all have the same values or sense of treasuredness. (Hey, I just invented a word). There is a "cool" and "Gee Wizz!" factor beyond cash equivalent worth to some finds, and a honkin pile of clad is impressive.

We had one neighbor kid in our "gang" that could catch fish with unbelievable regularity. But he was the first to get his line in, stayed at it all day and was the last to leave. Practice makes perfect, and puttin in time with the right practice is important, too. You're what I'd call "focused". I'm all "whilly-nilly" and let other things interfere with my detecting. We all make have to make choices with the least renewable of our resources - time.

Here's to 10,000!

This may sound crazy...but I will post this again at the right time which is not now...When you mentioned being focused...I am teaching myself to hunt when I know no one is in area with eyes closed!!I wear mirrored sunglasses while practicing. I just listen to tones and threshold and i am picking up those slight breaks in threshold and have been able to find a few extra coins. I have run into a couple low tree branches though! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I don't want this post to run forever so this will be my last response on this one thanks everyone! On the 3 forums I post feedback has been great except for 1 or 2... :) Thanks everyone! ;)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Don't remove the counter because of other people. Some of us just get out more than others. I go out every day, well almost everyday, because I am simi-retired. My count is not far behind yours for the year:
372 Quarters
563 Dimes
194 Nickels
2113 Pennies
Total coins this year = 3243 coins ALL CLAD

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
piggman1 said:
Don't remove the counter because of other people. Some of us just get out more than others. I go out every day, well almost everyday, because I am simi-retired. My count is not far behind yours for the year:
372 Quarters
563 Dimes
194 Nickels
2113 Pennies
Total coins this year = 3243 coins ALL CLAD

Well i am glad are totals are so close! That way i am sure you know it can be done with a little effort thanks! :) Once again thanks everyone...time to move on!

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hoping that you put your coin counter back on your posts. I have been trying to catch up to you! (atleast in terms of half your total count). I hope you have a milestone year!

M-Squared

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Im sorry, But screw the people who have the need to question you about your finds. Some peoples claims are down right crazy...But there is nothing crazy about finding clad. Now if your counter said 1896 Silver Dimes, 280 Silver Quarters, 108 Morgans, 87 Gold coin.....Well, You get the point!

Keep it and inspire the rest of the group!

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
greg, there will always be those that question for whatever reason right or wrong. the key to finds whether it is a big pile of clad"bobbies favorite", gold jewelry my favorite, civil war relics or old bottles, is knowing your machine and developing a series of sites that can consistantly produce the finds you desire.You certainly seemed to have done that. I wish we could hunt during the week, we're bummed
Keep up the great year
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread