Fisher f2 vs Teknetics Eurotek Pro

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can see you are very serious and ready to pull the trigger, make sure you get one with the DD coil. I recommend you look into the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. The other 2 you selected have preset ground balance. The BH LRP is the top of the line BH detector and competes well with more expensive mid level detector. It has a ground grab feature and more hunting modes than the 2 you are interested in. I used the F4 in 2014. I now have the LRP as my back-up/loaner detector.

It has way more features than the F2 and Eurotek and even cost less by about $17, on the Kellyco website.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Fisher F2. I have nothing to compare it to but before I purchased, I went on line and reviewed. There are several Utube videos on many product models.
I bought mine from Big Boy Hobbies as a combo pack. Detector, Headphones, and pin-pointer.
The detector itself is plug and play. Basically automatic. It has descriminator setting and filters but I have been using it wide open and just learning the tones.
Are there better ones? Yes definitely but for the price, I would recommend the F2.
I did upgrade to the XPointer because the pin pointer that came in the combo pack works ok but you have to be practically touching the target to set it off. The XPointer on the other hand detects my target like pin pointers should.
But for the money they want for the combo, they practically give you the pin pointer.
Whatever choice you make, good luck. There are treasures to by found and hours of enjoyment.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way if you look you will see the BH LRP looks the same as the Eurotek. Fisher, BH and Teknetics are all owned by the same company. The LRP is a Eurotek on steroids for less money and the base unit comes with the 9" x 11" DD coil.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way if you look you will see the BH LRP looks the same as the Eurotek. Fisher, BH and Teknetics are all owned by the same company. The LRP is a Eurotek on steroids for less money and the base unit comes with the 9" x 11" DD coil.
I didn't know about "Owned by the same company". I tried the Kellyco comparison chart for the F2, ET Pro and the LRP but details don't show up for the LRP. Just shows no in all the rectangles for me. Does the LRP have adjustable GB?
Marvin
PS. Does this mean that GB can be adjusted manually?
Quote from BH site.
"It has our one-button Ground Grab ground balance with manual override and 7 search modes."

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't know about "Owned by the same company". I tried the Kellyco comparison chart for the F2, ET Pro and the LRP but details don't show up for the LRP. Just shows no in all the rectangles for me. Does the LRP have adjustable GB?
Marvin
PS. Does this mean that GB can be adjusted manually?
Quote from BH site.
"It has our one-button Ground Grab ground balance with manual override and 7 search modes."

The BH LRP can be ground balanced manually or with the ground grab feature.

OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will definetly look into the bounty hunter! Thanks guys

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Loco-Digger and I agree Dirtscratcher from what I've read about them.
Marvin

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fisher F2 Detector is an affordable, easy to learn, fun detector to use.
It takes no time at all to learn how to use it, and once you get used to the VDI
and tones you will find more and more treasures.

You can use it to find relics, jewelry, coins. And let me tell you it is a
coin killer. It will find you as much as some high end detectors. I have found coins
to about 7-8"deep and some bigger things much deeper.

With 3 different stock coils available (4" 8" and 10") at a very reasonable price you
will be able to detect anything.

All in all it is a very reliable, affordable and fun detector to use.

OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks buddy! Will definetely look into it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread