Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd dig all winter if I could, but... yesterday I went out to do a little detecting in the snow-covered woods, got my first good signal, but when I drove my shovel down into it, it made the same sound and had the same feel as when you hit a shovel on a big rock, lol. I just turned around and headed back to the truck... my season's done :sadsmiley:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last time I was able to metal detect in ground was on Dec 26th...After that the ground had frozen because of the frigid temperatures...Went to a sandy beach some time in early January after a storm had eroded some of the sand. The sand was like cement and couldn't even penetrate it with a shovel...Too bad because there were signals...Guess will have to wait for some mild weather...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stupid weather forecasters promised 40 degrees today. I never saw the temp go about 32 while it remained cloudy with a constant drizzle of rain and north wind. I planned on hunting today, anything above freezing is fine as long as it's dry.

One more day without my towel....

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the forest ground under old leaf cover stays diggable for quite a while, And as said above First melt can find tons of clad at the bottom of toboggan runs or dig the snow earlier

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's the beaches if you live near one. Also the plowed snow piles at shopping center, stores, or any other gathering area parking lots, but not while they are still plowing.

Sub freezing here all week, there will be a weekend snow storm....they are talking "feet" of snow. :mad::banghead:

OP
OP
P

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm leaving today for Florida then when I get back, I will be ice fishing as well. :occasion14: so i guess I'm throwing in the towel for now until the ground allows me to dig again or the ice is unsafe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread