rp4 shaker table reviews

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Hi, am looking for some "recent/fresh" real life rp4 shaker table reviews before I buy one. What can you guys tell me? Thank you!

Kind of think you are in the wrong forum to post questions about a shaker table. I used to own a Utech table which is an earlier version of the rp4. My Utech table(rp4) was a solid table and one could run 500lbs an hour as it used a -17 mesh screen. I assume a similar screen exists on the rp4. If you have an incredible amount of concentrate with lots of coarser gold the rp4 is the one I would go with. Now there have been some negative comments from people who really don't know very much about shaker tables and have bought one. They sort of expect a gold con they see on Gold Rush. All that beautiful gold just separating out. That is fine if you have 30 ounces of gold to run in your cons. What they have to understand that the rp4 is a displacement table. Black sand displaces lighter sand and gold displaces black sand. If you have small amounts of gold you can not get a clean con. You have more black sand than gold in your con. A lot of people save the cons to rerun later or use a miller table to separate the gold. In addition a lot of the very fine gold ends up in the middlings. Not a problem for the Gold Rush guys as all their very fine gold was never recovered in their massive, high velocity sluicing operations.

I sold my Utech table a long time ago and use wave tables(One which I built). More effective for very fine gold and one ends up with a clean gold line on small amounts of concentrate.

George

OP
OP

911Met

Feb 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks george. where do i ask?

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
thanks george. where do i ask?

The Canadian gold prospecting forum. A lot of professional miners hang out there.
Do a search on their forum for rp4- a lot of past discussion.

George

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
911Met, sorry. your signature was deleted, you had link to your business which only supporting vendors can do and you had link to another forum about mining which also violates our rules.

Maxx

Sep 10, 2019
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Other
911Met

I have used the rp4 (did not go by that name either) a few years back but it did not work well due to the way it was installed. They have to be
leveled, and anchored securely. The one I have used was not anchored well so the concentration levels were
not as good as could be. As of this writing there are two different shaker table sizes; one is 43 x 17 and the other is
smaller but both are the same price, and the metal base is extra cost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread