What is metal detecting to you?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a hobby for me. It brings me enough enjoyment to keep me coming back...but enough frustration to make me realize my other hobbies are equally as enjoyable and rewarding....and cheaper.

I will say it is my only hobby I record videos and talk to strangers through a camera lens over...so perhaps it is a bit "more" to me than the other hobbies.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
A healthy and fun outdoor activity. It gives me something to look forward to. I like the hunt part, as much as the finds part.

I have also met some really good people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a hobby for me. It brings me enough enjoyment to keep me coming back...but enough frustration to make me realize my other hobbies are equally as enjoyable and rewarding....and cheaper.

I will say it is my only hobby I record videos and talk to strangers through a camera lens over...so perhaps it is a bit "more" to me than the other hobbies.

It is surely the only one that pays for itself.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is surely the only one that pays for itself.

Not at all. I have won multiple PC gaming tournaments (just over $18K total if added up). I also am fairly decent at basketball and play gym/street ball 2-3 times a week...a fantastic source of income.

Both just hobbies for me.

Just turned 40 so my winnings in both have suffered as my reflexes and body does not cooperate as it used to.....

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started as a hobby, turned in to a drug. Know it's an addiction that I can't shake. ( maybe because I don't want to) This morning was 12 degrees and the ground is froze, I've got the shakes!!! ( and its not because I'm cold )

HH, Relic Nut

Last edited:

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting reminds me of the fun times I had with my dad when I would go with him on one of his many hunts...I loved hearing the history and legends of each place he when to and the cool things that he would find!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An obsession.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just fun! Never knowing what is in the ground! So, for me it's the thrill of the hunt? I dig everything most of the time! Even if it's faint, or a blip, I can't leave it not knowing what it is! I spent a lot of time chasing BB's, Nails, and tiny foil though! :laughing7: Those blips have on occasion turned into deep pennies or other coins! So, you never know!:dontknow:

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I can turn it all off and think about nothing in general except the beeps.

R'amen

GIB

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like many, it's an addiction that has paid for itself. I go places I never went before (the roads not taken) looking for prospective hunt sites. It has made it more appealing for me to meet many of the locals and has provided me with many opportunities to do good deeds. The allure is that the next plug, may be "THE PLUG" that holds a bucket lister, an old coin, or cool relic. There are so many other unhealthy ways to spend my time, but I choose to stroll around listening for beeps. I find it simply amazing, the quantity of items in the ground. What once... I would have considered junk, now is regarded as treasure. Now when I crack open a beer, it's to celebrate another great day's hunt. Even if I didn't swing the coil that day, I can come here and see that someone else has and it's in need of a celebratory beverage.

By the way, a twelve pack normally lasts a month (unless we have company over). I prefer long neck bottles over cans.

Maybe someday I can share a pitcher or two with some of the members here on Tnet, "My kind of people"!!! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,what did you make them out of?:laughing7:

I corrected the spelling error!

I am glad that you, LD and Enginefitter found that amusing.

I was trying to say that I made some really good friends, ones that don't make fun of me!

You boys know that I am kidding you! Make all the fun of me that you like, heck, I do it to myself.
Best to you WT.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I corrected the spelling error!

I am glad that you, LD and Enginefitter found that amusing.

I was trying to say that I made some really good friends, ones that don't make fun of me!

You boys know that I am kidding you! Make all the fun of me that you like, heck, I do it to myself.
Best to you WT.

Glad you didn't take it personal dude.:laughing7:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like many, it's an addiction that has paid for itself. I go places I never went before (the roads not taken) looking for prospective hunt sites. It has made it more appealing for me to meet many of the locals and has provided me with many opportunities to do good deeds. The allure is that the next plug, may be "THE PLUG" that holds a bucket lister, an old coin, or cool relic. There are so many other unhealthy ways to spend my time, but I choose to stroll around listening for beeps. I find it simply amazing, the quantity of items in the ground. What once... I would have considered junk, now is regarded as treasure. Now when I crack open a beer, it's to celebrate another great day's hunt. Even if I didn't swing the coil that day, I can come here and see that someone else has and it's in need of a celebratory beverage.

By the way, a twelve pack normally lasts a month (unless we have company over). I prefer long neck bottles over cans.

Maybe someday I can share a pitcher or two with some of the members here on Tnet, "My kind of people"!!! :occasion14:
You are so right! Good finds are a bonus. First thing I do when I get back to my shop after a hunt is lay everything out, open a beer and think about what I want to post. ( sometimes I think to long lol[emoji482] ) Maybe someday we'll have a t-net convention, wouldn't that be something.

HH, Relic Nut

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great way to enhance my pulltab... bottle cap... can... fishing weight... and foil collections.

And meet some other collectors of the same. :P

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453157212.408821.jpg

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "happy" place away from people!!! Unless its those people with Md'rs!:laughing7:

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can turn it all off and think about nothing in general except the beeps.

R'amen

GIB

This is it! I think sex still shows up every 10 seconds or so in my brain but this is really it for me.:tongue3:

I can turn off the brain to the day to day activities, And for me the actual detecting is only a portion of it to me as well, the finding new spots, reading history and such makes up a huge portion of detecting to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions