Glen Frey (of the Eagles) passed away

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Bummer

Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey has died | www.statesman.com

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016," The band said in a statement on their Facebook page. "Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia. The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery."

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We went and saw them in October, for the 4th time, when they came to Little Rock and I told the wife that he didn't look good. I hate that I was right...d2

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Unfortunately as we get older the music stars we grew up with start dropping like flies.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

Unfortunately as we get older the music stars we grew up with start dropping like flies.

Regards + HH

Bill

Yep, look at Keith Richards, he's been dead for what...20-30 years now?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the best quotes I ever read was in the event of a nuclear war odds are "only Keith Richards and cockroaches will survive"...lol....

Regards + HH

Bill

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad I was able to see the Eagles on this last tour back in July 2015. Great songwriter.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my lowly opinion, The Eagles are America's premier band. Frey, being one of the 2 remaining original members, was responsible for some of the best music America had to offer. It seems success in the music industry creates its own distinct set of problems and if you followed The Eagles' career, you know the band had its' share. Ego and creative style aside, he remained important to the world that loved The Eagles right up to the end. I wonder if Henley and Felder will do a tribute album now?

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In my lowly opinion, The Eagles are America's premier band. Frey, being one of the 2 remaining original members, was responsible for some of the best music America had to offer. It seems success in the music industry creates its own distinct set of problems and if you followed The Eagles' career, you know the band had its' share. Ego and creative style aside, he remained important to the world that loved The Eagles right up to the end. I wonder if Henley and Felder will do a tribute album now?

Hell Freezes Over II?

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a sad day in Rock and Roll. :sadsmiley: Its sad that all the Classic Rock band members that I grew up with are starting to pass on. The end of a great era in music. Rest in Peace Glenn!! Ill keep The Eagles playing loud!

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Today's paper had a picture of the corner, in Winslow Arizona. Pretty neat as it's done up like the song.

Attachments

• az.jpeg
    az.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 128

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have never been into music that much, But "Desperado" was one of my favorites. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread