Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't read it all that negative. It is kind of funny to me thinking of what I've actually found over the years and time put in. I do see the point of the post from someone trying to research and find areas.

Also, I'm guessing any female detectorist(from name) is going to get attention out detecting. So most guys! Are going to wander over to ask stupid questions just to be nosy.:laughing7: So? uhhhhhh?......you findin any pop tabs? Cool, cool,.....Ummmm? How deep were they? ummmmm? What kind of cans do you think they are from? :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe by the Tnet name chosen, the person (male or female) is just throwing out a mental grenade.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a whooping 170 "bad ass" subscribers...I will hardly be able to sleep tonight as surely all 170 of them are pillaging my locations. Damn my lack of foresight....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe by the Tnet name chosen, the person (male or female) is just throwing out a mental grenade.

It's a pretty decent name...I gotta admit.

It's not quite "Loco-Digger" awesome as far as names go....but pretty good stuff.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wish I had thought about that before I used my own name- hope I don't become an ID theft victim

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So whats No. 2 on your New Years resolution list.

200_s.gif

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Oh wait is that too much info about me? Welcome to the party. Looking forward to your participation. So, Where ya from?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some of you nice folks feel an irresistible need or urge to show off your finds. It makes you feel special. Some of you I'm sure would like to be looked at and revered as the metal detecting bad ass of your area, this site or Youtube.

I enjoy seeing what others are finding, so that's why I post my finds as well. I especially like checking out finds from my area. Nice to see what's coming out of the ground here in New England. It has nothing to do with feeling "special" or being "revered" by anyone.

I detect the same places everyone else detects. Baseball and soccer fields, schools and the woods around these areas. No secret spots at all. I rarely detect on private land. Too much of a hassle to get people to let you detect their property with no strings attached.

Detectorist.CO

Jan 18, 2016
Denver, Co
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm involved in many hobbies (amateur radio, geocaching, flight simulation) and detecting. I think what you get from any hobby is a direct reference to what you put into it. This includes the sharing of knowledge which may help others as well as help yourself. Perhaps the org. post is just a way to troll...but if they truly are serious then why even bother to sign up for a forum?

I'll certainly share any way I can.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Myself and most members of this site are careful not to give out to much information about our sites. And I think most of us aren't looking to puff out our chest. I could care less what other people think of me or my finds, never did. However I do enjoy sharing my finds and stories with like minded people and am glad there's others here that do the same. Without them this site wouldn't exist and I wouldn't have learned what I have unless I invited a dozen experienced guys to go along, and I dought they would where Blindfold's

HH, Relic Nut

It's becoming harder to stay completely anonymous online these days.
Some cameras (including some cell phone cameras) can include your geographic coordinates in the JPG image metadata (EXIF data) without your knowledge.
Thankfully, many web-based forum strip that data, as well as other fields, before allowing the image to post to a public forum such as this.
But some sites do not.

Caveat actor.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Take from this forum what you will, give back what you feel comfortable sharing.

My photo is up on my profile, I post some of my finds (not all) and never say specifically where I hunt. I found a 1744 Farthing near Portland Maine. Not much disclosure there, but it's a bit of sharing.

I found a gold and diamond ring on St. Pete beach. No harm in that for me.

I suppose it depends on how social you would like to be. You apparently want some social interaction by posting this thread, but are setting some stiff boundaries.

Okeedokee, take what you want, leave what you can.

Best of luck with your hunts, I hope you find what you are looking for.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, :o At first, I thought I was reading one of my own PUI rant posts! ??? :laughing7:
Welcome and okays...... :laughing7: I can understand discretion.

I was doing all right, till someone posted pictures of me metal detecting my summer beach,
in the local on-line newspaper. :BangHead: Figured, "Yep, it's time to move". :laughing7:
and I did....4 months later! :tongue3:

Hope you have fun and be happy. Life's too short for worries. :notworthy:

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huh. Sounds like you don't approve of how we do things. I share here because it's my CLUB. I like the folks here and I would hunt with them if they came through my area. My world is not about hoarding my places or finds. ANYONE can come hunt my cities parks. It's a public place. Not worried if they find out I hunt in the city parks. Lol

Sorry you fee the need to be so private and disapprove of us being public.

Guess we'll just keep on keepin on.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I should also point out that metal detecting for modern finds is a RENEWABLE RESOURCE. :). Come hunt my parks. They'll just fill up next season. Lol!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great entrance by the way! Three pages! On a first post!, So whether people agree or not. Doesn't matter! You got the attention from wanting to remain private!:laughing7:

It's all for fun! :occasion14:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread