Total Shame birthplace of Bill Of Rights being demolished!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was picked up by the BLM reclamation project. Going to turn it into grasslands, or something

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to believe how we have no respect for our history anymore :dontknow:

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the he** was this place NOT ever officially deemed a National historic site??

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting. I found the story, posted on Twitter and tagged Triple Crown Corporation, which is the real estate developer/property management co. that perpetrated the destruction of American history.

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you see how beautiful the stone work was and the chimneys..OMG they have done this to all the Historic buildings around here..

~Blaze

CTwoods

Dec 9, 2015
east central Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Copied from the net....who knows if true?

"Christine Musser, a member of the township Conservation and Preservation Committee, told the news site an outside source pointed out the building formally known as the James Bell Tavern was built in 1780, and hosted the Stony Ridge Convention in 1788. At the Convention, Anti-Federalists opposed to the U.S. Constitution laid the groundwork for the Bill of Rights, according to news site."

So this claims the towns own preservation committee never knew it was more than a former Used Car Lot?

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has to be more to the story than the information given. If this was the very place where the bill of rights was signed I would think many people would be well aware of this, then again, nothing surprises me nowadays.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Quick, see if you can use your detector around the front porch...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has to be more to the story than the information given. If this was the very place where the bill of rights was signed I would think many people would be well aware of this, then again, nothing surprises me nowadays.
There probably is more. Remember the less you say the less you have to do to cover your behind when everyone figures out you are an idiot! We see the opposite every day with politicians! They spout off a bunch of garbage and can't remember what lies they told later.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember our rule on politics, if you wish to post political statements it is only allowed on our political forum found under charter member forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread