Ballping77

Greenie
Jan 19, 2016
Goose creek sc
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good afternoon everyone I live in the goose Creek area of South Carolina it would greatly be appreciated if someone could give me some tips on how to find places to hunt on and if anyone could give a hint of a place I could go to find any Civil War relics I know no one wants to give up their secret spots I'm just hoping that someone can have a little compassion for a beginner to find a good spot, thanks in advance my fellow detectorit's

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the library would be a good place to start. You should be able to find out where some civil war activity was in your area, like camps and skirmishes...?

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Good afternoon everyone I live in the goose Creek area of South Carolina it would greatly be appreciated if someone could give me some tips on how to find places to hunt on and if anyone could give a hint of a place I could go to find any Civil War relics I know no one wants to give up their secret spots I'm just hoping that someone can have a little compassion for a beginner to find a good spot, thanks in advance my fellow detectorit's

Spend a little time on here reading about how others here find their sites. Asking for someone to "give" you a site they worked for, isn't likely to land you much. Ever hear of "paying your dues"? Take some initiative upon yourself. Things are much more appreciated when earned, as opposed to given.

Learn your detector, how to recover finds without leaving a mess, and start-out at the local parks, schools, family and friends properties, as long as you have permission (or it's not been banned).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread