jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! You sound like me! I'm out shoveling snow and people are telling me to take it easy, and I tell them if I took it easy I'd be dead by now!
Didn't know how much you can handle of the snow.
Sounds like your good! You're able if you can do it at your own pace. Just like me it May take me longer but I can do it.
:thumbup:

well Like today I had an Hour or more Spurt where I did a Decent amount,
Then staggered in the House Light Headed & out of Breath.

During that whole Hour I took lots of 60 Second Breaks where I would Stand and Catch My breath then
shovel 6 to 8 more shovels full & again take a 60 Second or so Break.
each 6 to 8 shovels worth allowed me to take a step or 2 Forward so it took time.

I just got another spurt of Energy & went out for another hour or so, But had to take those 60 Second breaks
after each shovel. Mainly to catch my breath.
once I felt like I may drop over at any Second I staggered in again, Took off My Hoodie, Dropped a Nitro,
And Flopped down on the Recliner for 15 Minutes :laughing7:

If I can do this all week, I may actually Improve my health I guess :dontknow:

They say no pain, No gain Right ?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no point whatsoever in dyin shovellin show, y'all. I guess you guys don't have the Boy Scouts of America up there? Troop 333 of Hydro OK were out in full force shoveling driveways and sidewalks for senior citizens when I was a member. That only amounted to about 3 times a winter, maybe. Seriously, local Scout leaders should be encouraging their troops to get out and make a difference at this time.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no point whatsoever in dyin shovellin show, y'all. I guess you guys don't have the Boy Scouts of America up there? Troop 333 of Hydro OK were out in full force shoveling driveways and sidewalks for senior citizens when I was a member. That only amounted to about 3 times a winter, maybe. Seriously, local Scout leaders should be encouraging their troops to get out and make a difference at this time.

the only scout troop I'm aware of is pushing out eagle Scouts.
I have no idea what a kid have to do to become one.
But from what I was told last year, The scouts around here aren't interested
in Public service here anymore.
Just becoming eagle Scouts

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True Jeff but the word moderation fits in there somewhere too.
The same with me, I do ok in the beginning and lose stamina toward the end.
As long as you listen to what your body is telling you, you're good.
I know it's almost impossible when you've only got the last few feet and you want to get it done and not have to come out again, that's where you get in trouble, you have to modify.
A few deep breaths should help too....not a lot you don't want to pass out in the snow pile. :eek:
I have some kind of issue but it's not clogged arteries. They checked for that.:what:
Hopefully the temps stay up and melt it faster.
My older son has a plow on his pick up but I'm not good at waiting, by the time he gets here I have the driveway shoveled. :D
Boston has just started some kind of program where elderly or handicapped people can calk for help shoveling.
So far they don't have that where I live either.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that all of know where the kids who live around us are. Seniors should not do any shovel any snow, even if there is nobody else to do it..

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that all of know where the kids who live around us are. Seniors should not do any shovel any snow, even if there is nobody else to do it..

I live in a Very Small town.
If someone yells at one end, they can be heard at the other.
the School Bus does stop in town, But I have no view of it,
Just a View of the Traffic stopping for the Bus.
So I know there are kids, But they don't ever walk down this direction.
this is why I think they are still at Mommas Baby age. Or girls
or both.

I'm also not the Type to Snoop on others. This also prevents me from
watching what goes on outside My home. So even if they do travel the town Playing.
I haven't seen them :tongue3:

I'm 60 but I don't consider myself a Senior.
if someone gives me a senior Discount I don't correct them.
But if they ask, I say no, I've been out of 12th Grade for Years !

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is a vehicle garage a rare thing in the North?

they are very rare here in town.
we use our garages for other purposes.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't a jeep would need tire chains in 4 feet of snow?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently I have been long out of touch with BSA. Here's your Eagle Scout project: Organize local troops to respond, augment and assist public emergency response units in the event of an area disaster. I never made Eagle, but I should get an honorary one just for that idea. At least Order of the Arrow. I worry about y'all out shovellin snow and over doin it, really. I'm 61 years old but I can do it cause I'm used to it. Plus, I have figured out this is what grandkids are for. You do have to play it kinda like that Tom Sawyer whitewashing the fence caper though.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would believe that all of us know where the kids are who live near us. Seniors should not do any shoveling even if there nobody else to do it.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most people up here have a one car garage, which is full of snowblowers, lawnmowers, garden tools, bicycles and so on. No room left for a car!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not here. pretty much everyone, at least in newer housing areas, has a garage. What everyone wants though, is a two or three car attached garage, so you can go from the house to the garage without going outside and have plenty of room for the snowblower and other stuff. And pretty much every house has a full basement, so there is lots of room for storage.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Not here. pretty much everyone, at least in newer housing areas, has a garage. What everyone wants though, is a two or three car attached garage, so you can go from the house to the garage without going outside and have plenty of room for the snowblower and other stuff. And pretty much every house has a full basement, so there is lots of room for storage.

Seems I see a lot of pictures with trucks or cars sitting outside covered with a lot of snow... guess they take pictures like that to show snow amounts?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems I see a lot of pictures with trucks or cars sitting outside covered with a lot of snow... guess they take pictures like that to show snow amounts?

That darn snow has a way of finding us, garage or not. Sometimes not enough garage space for the number of family vehicles. Sometimes you go to work and come back out to find ten inches of snow. Or, as I did once, you get stuck going downhill to the garage. Then came the plows and all you could see of my car was just an antenna sticking out of a huge snowball.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread