OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol,so its like that huh Loco:laughing7:.Snow is not uncommon here in Va,we get it every year.Us Virginians are tough!.We are highly resilient to all the different elements.I just wish some of those Yankees we encounter could just pronounce there R's.Hey Ma i'm taking the caw to the staw.say it with me rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.Pretend your a pirate.rrrrrrrrrr.lol

I pert near recon your right. Now go fetch the hose-pipe and wash the car. After your done with eating your grits, of course...

I have lived all over and I just love the sound of a southern bell when she is whispering in my ear.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pert near recon your right. Now go fetch the hose-pipe and wash the car. After your done with eating your grits, of course...

I have lived all over and I just love the sound of a southern bell when she is whispering in my ear.
Dammmmmm Skippy!! [emoji106] [emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol, I do agree,there is nothing sweeter then a sounthern accent on a honey.Ever been to Arkansas?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not just about how far North, but how high up. I am setting at 2300' above sea level. That's high up compared to most of the Eastern US.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just about how far North, but how high up. I am setting at 2300' above sea level. That's high up compared to most of the Eastern US.

In the west, if your standing on a 2300' hill, Ya that's a hill on the left coast:laughing7:. you can still see the girls laying on the beach.8-)

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
In the west, if your standing on a 2300' hill, Ya that's a hill on the left coast:laughing7:. you can still see the girls laying on the beach.8-)

At one time the Appalachian Mountains were higher than the Rockies... being a lot older, we just weathered down!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hmm...don't know about that. I was in Bar Harbor, Maine when it was so humid with mist, the tree's literally dripped water like rain. Clothing was soaken wet 10 minutes after walking outside.

I am sure not a regular occurrence like here in the south from June through September solid.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They can't handle fire ants, skeeters, gnats, and red bugs!! I had some yankee neighbor's for 11 years next door up until last year when he was able to retire, and they sold out and moved back to meechigan. Everytime they got out in the yard to do yardwork, they each used an entire spray can of bug repellent!!

Yeah buddy! Those fire ants are pesky and nothing like sitting on a river bank then taking a swim and stirring up the water moccasin nest and having to expertly negotiate yourself around them back to dry land.

But hey, not here to argue cold vs. hot with my yankee bretheren. Come on down to the south and enjoy the fine low country seafood and warmer days!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

2300' is the whole area of the Tri-Cities. The mountains are another deal. I remember being in Colorado Springs at over 5,000' at the base of the 13,000' mountain. Breathing was a little difficult when you're used to thick air. Even more so up the mountain.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was born and raised in S.W. MI in 55'. Then in 94' I moved to TN. for a work related move. I couldn't get over the weather change just 650 miles south of MI. Was mowing grass in Dec. and it just never seemed to stay cold compared to MI. And when you watched the local news (weather) all hell would break loose at the mere threat of snow. And schools would close all over. My kids would look at me in disbelief when the schools would cancel.

We didn't even break out the boots in MI. for anything less than a foot of snow. Here in TN. the world stands still!!!!

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoy the silent R while you can.
It'll all be spanglish soon, and everyone will sound like Rosie Perez.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was raised in Philadelphia, Pa and its surrounding area. About 40 some years ago, I moved to Texas and haven't looked back. A childhood friend of mine was making fun of me by text about 4 days prior to this snowstorm because I didn't have that 4 season change thing anymore here in Texas. He still lives just outside Philly and on the second day of that blizzard, I texted him and asked him how that " Four season thing" was working out for him now? Haven't heard one word back from him since!!:laughing7:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
"We didn't even break out the boots in MI. for anything less than a foot of snow. Here in TN. the world stands still!!!!"

Well.. it doesn't stand still everywhere in Tennessee!

We only received an inch of snow here at the house... seems we were in the gap as the low pressure system went through...
So, the Cherohala Skyway only received a foot. Good thing about where I live.. I can leave the house and be higher than Denver in a few minutes!
The snow forecast is only given by the local people on the Skyway.. and it's common for it to have over 2 feet in the winter! No weather stations in the higher mountains.. but maybe Mt. LeConte in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It's a different world here, one that I wouldn't trade for anywhere else!

A friends ride Saturday on the Cherohala Skyway, TN/NC state line...

<span class="st">

ctalmadg

Jul 27, 2003
Honeoye Falls, NY (Fingerlakes Area)
Detector(s) used
White / Fisher / DJI Cellar Hole Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can imagine how any individuals feel that have never had to deal with the snow...

Here in NY we are use to the snow - lots of it... it's just another day.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey LD!! Say It Ain't So!! HILARIOUS!! Got down to 27 Sunday night and I woke up the next morning with frost on the ground and thought it had snowed!! He He!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I lived in the South I learned 2 things.

1. They are not equipped for much snow due to their climate, which relates to no.2,

2. schools close along with some businesses when there is an immanent threat of snow or freezing rain. I know I do not want to have my kids on a bus coming down a mountain and then they hit a patch of black ice. Brakes won't help.

I just thought the video was funny and wanted to share.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
When I lived in the South I learned 2 things.

1. They are not equipped for much snow due to their climate, which relates to no.2,

2. schools close along with some businesses when there is an immanent threat of snow or freezing rain. I know I do not want to have my kids on a bus coming down a mountain and then they hit a patch of black ice. Brakes won't help.

I just thought the video was funny and wanted to share.

Well.. when the schools close along with some businesses.. IT'S A PLAY DAY!:hello2:

Don't want to drive the Skyway... just drop off the south side and play in the Tellico River! Saturday on the Tellico..

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"We didn't even break out the boots in MI. for anything less than a foot of snow. Here in TN. the world stands still!!!!"

Well.. it doesn't stand still everywhere in Tennessee!

We only received an inch of snow here at the house... seems we were in the gap as the low pressure system went through...
So, the Cherohala Skyway only received a foot. Good thing about where I live.. I can leave the house and be higher than Denver in a few minutes!
The snow forecast is only given by the local people on the Skyway.. and it's common for it to have over 2 feet in the winter! No weather stations in the higher mountains.. but maybe Mt. LeConte in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It's a different world here, one that I wouldn't trade for anywhere else!

A friends ride Saturday on the Cherohala Skyway, TN/NC state line...

<span class="st">

Well Number 9.... First off... NICE VIDEO GUY!!! It wouldn't for me either except I can't even get started due to where I live. Driving in the snow doesn't/wouldn't bother me at all. A little rain w/low 30's and I'm trapped on this ridge top road. Now a sudden 8" snowfall does about the same thing. I don't own a 4-wheel drive truck and the cars are almost useless. It's a 1 mile drive down to Hwy. 50 at 31 degree's on a double switchback road carved into this tall ridge. But I love where I live on this ridge top with all the critters and very little traffic. Good news is.... It never lasts very long before warm weather makes it all go away.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the video was hilarious!i was just trying to be funny, I need to quit I am not very good at it.I hope I didn't offend anyone on here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread