hello all,newbie here

treasuretrucker

Jun 3, 2007
on the open road
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
hello,been reading this board for awhile now,just bought a new ace 250 and tried it out for the first time at an elementary school in west jordan utah,found 3 pennies,not bad for 30 minutes work.just wanted to introduce myself.i am originally from sarasota florida but i now drive an 18 wheeler cross country so i think this hobby will be perfect for me.dont get much excercise sitting in a truck all day.i am technically homeless as i live full time in my truck,but i still have a po box in sarasota and i get there every six weeks or so,so thats still home i guess.though not many homeless people make 60k a year,lol.i have a brother that is on these forums(whats up bill,aka metalfury).had an old whites i bought at a pawn shop a few years back but never did much with it,now i can say i am addicted to this hobby and will be stopping at locations all over the country,anyhow.just wanted to say hi all and maybe i will run into some of you out and about(not literally,big truck would hurt).take care,and happy hunting.

mirage hunter

Jun 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 PRO XL
What's up!! you have an advantage over alot of us!! you don't have to pay to travel all over the united states!! look forward to some pics of your finds. Good luck. :)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet treasuretrucker ..... You will love the Ace250....and just think of alllll the schools you will pass by and have to take a coffee break..lol Take care and HH

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
treasuretrucker,

welcome to the board.

Hope we will be seeing some of your finds.

Drive your own rig or for a company?

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

M

miser

Homeless?

Remember what the indians say: if you own more than you can carry at dead run, you own too much.

Best of luck with the Ace 250, I'm probably getting one myself real soon.

E

el_gral

Hello, Treasuretrucker nice name by the way! man i envy you being able to go to so many places, be sure to give us updates on your finds. Cya!

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet. Looking forward to viewing your future posts from all around this lovely United States of America!

HH from MM

OP
OP
treasuretrucker

treasuretrucker

Jun 3, 2007
on the open road
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
thank you all for the welcome,i enjoy reading this site very much,and in response to shermanville,i own my own rig.plan on doing this for five more years then buying an RV and being semi retired,i am only 35 at the moment but i am very tight with my money and almost debt free,i live full time in my truck an am able to save most of my money so if all goes well i will stop driving,live in the RV with my dog and wife,and work part time and treasure hunt full time.she lives with me now in the truck and we get along very well so things should work out well with our plan.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Dang, no mortgage ? What do you spend all that income on then ? That profession should lead to a lot of neat stuff over your travels.

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Hi Bro. welcome to the board. Hope you find all kinds of good stuff, I've been detecting for about a year now and I am hooked! Sooner or later we'll have to get together for a hunt, maybe one of these times when I'm in Fla. and you're back there for a weekend or something...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Treasuretrucker,
So if I'm reading your post correctly your wife, your dog and yourself live in the truck....You are a better man then me. Lol.

Since you are posting here I would assume you have an internet connection in the truck. You should do a little online research of the places you are driving through. May turn up some sites other then parks and schools. Or if you have the time stop by the local libraries for the local history books.

HH

NJ

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Welcome to TN. A great place.

Yep, we all envy you.... :P

Always wanted to hit those turck stop picnic areas. If you get a chance to do so, be sure to post you finds.

Happy Truck'in and Hunt'in

Ray S

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasuretrucker,

Get an online map program with GPS, every time you pass a park, playground or anything that looks promising, even if you can't stop, flag it. I use the program Delorme and I do this, I now have a map of Central Florida that is covered with flags of city parks, county parks, freshwater beaches, and other promising areas. When i get off work I check the map for the closest area to detect on the way home. You can do the same thing on a larger scale.

Save the map file in different locations in case the hard drive crashes. I save mine to a jump drive and to my Yahoo Briefcase.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome, open road, beautiful scenery, and treasure hunting the whole dang country. Not much could make me more jealous, I'm sorry envious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread