Do you have anything like this happening to you?

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
My 2 funniest moments this year! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Earlier in the year during winter i had not got myself a cover for my detector yet so I was covering it with a plastic bag...a happy dog came running up and tried to pee on my detector!

Ok now not to long ago this one happened....I work midnights hunt after work. I have a routine I go thorugh...change shirt, socks, change from black shoes to white gym shoes...Well i am hunting dig first coin in park one foot forward no problem see nice white gym shoe...well a few minutes later i am digging another coin..no problem other foot forward nice....wait a minute black shoe this time! :o :o Now I am walking back to the car at 8am in the park laughing at myself with two different color shoes on and i see two people looking at me like>>>>look at this goof!!! ;D
I love this hobby!!!

danger67

May 30, 2007
friendship,NY
Detector(s) used
x terra 705/ fisher f75se
I was working on a job in down town ft worth and the genral contractor walked in with two different colored shoes and i found the need to tease him to the point that he went home and changed them. The bad part was he lived 1.5 hours away and it didn't matter i still picked on him after he got back lol

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
No, but I hit the can in a lady's john one time by accident ;D I am used to the man's being on the left and lady's on the right where I work. It was early, and I walked in thinking it was strange there was no urinals in here. I sat down and heard somone open the door. Then two ladies started talking. I was worried as heck with all the sexual harrasment stuff and getting fired. I lifted up my feet (I had work clod hoppers on) until they left and high tailed it out of there once I figured it was safe. Embarrassing, but now i know the ladys is on the left and mans on the right on the lower level :)

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II
I can see putting on two different colored shoes. Low light, Half-asleep, not really paying attention. At least they were the same type of footware. Quite a few years ago, I went to work, sat back in my chair, and propped my feet up on some boxes. The left foot had a tan steel toed boot.(Required for the job) The right foot had a black sneaker. Before I could get them out of view, of course, everyone saw and started laughing. To cover my butt with the boss, I told them I had ingrown nail surgery, and the foot was too swollen to put the boot on my foot. First rule:CYA

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Bodyguard said:
I can see putting on two different colored shoes. Low light, Half-asleep, not really paying attention. At least they were the same type of footware. Quite a few years ago, I went to work, sat back in my chair, and propped my feet up on some boxes. The left foot had a tan steel toed boot.(Required for the job) The right foot had a black sneaker. Before I could get them out of view, of course, everyone saw and started laughing. To cover my butt with the boss, I told them I had ingrown nail surgery, and the foot was too swollen to put the boot on my foot. First rule:CYA

Sharp fast reaction good cover! ;D You are right my footwear is gymshoes...so it was a black gymshoe and a white gymshoe! :D

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to school one day with a pair of my moms underware static clung to my sweater.

When I was in the USAF I was so tired one morning while in training, I walked out of the latrine with my BDU's unbuttoned, and belt undone.......all the way down the hall......till i noticed some guy looking and saying what the......@#%.

:)I also went to school one day with my pj's under my clothes.....damn i was hot.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-Gregg said:
My 2 funniest moments this year! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Earlier in the year during winter i had not got myself a cover for my detector yet so I was covering it with a plastic bag...a happy dog came running up and tried to pee on my detector!

Ok now not to long ago this one happened....I work midnights hunt after work. I have a routine I go thorugh...change shirt, socks, change from black shoes to white gym shoes...Well i am hunting dig first coin in park one foot forward no problem see nice white gym shoe...well a few minutes later i am digging another coin..no problem other foot forward nice....wait a minute black shoe this time! :o :o Now I am walking back to the car at 8am in the park laughing at myself with two different color shoes on and i see two people looking at me like>>>>look at this goof!!! ;D
I love this hobby!!!

Hahaha...Thats what those Midnight shifts will do for ya...at least you didn't forget your pants...

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Just got back from NYC. Went to the Bar and Nightclub show at the Javits Center. Picked up a friend and his wife. She wore slippers for the four hour drive to NYC. When we went to go out for the day she had packed two different shoes. No problem there, but they were both right foot. The first store that we came across that sold shoes was named "Daffy's". I thought that was very a appropriate name for the store and the situation.
Bob

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Man I am sitting here laughing....much better than arguing about detectors! ;D

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
If I had done that ( wore two different shoes), it would not have been an issue till someone mentioned it. My reply would have been that I have another pair just like them in the car. :D

Keep on detecting..

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ray S ECenFL said:
If I had done that ( wore two different shoes), it would not have been an issue till someone mentioned it. My reply would have been that I have another pair just like them in the car. :D

Keep on detecting..

;D ;D ;D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I was going too night school, it was the final exam....... I showed up bare foot :-[. The teacher gave me the "look", then laughed. I said "sorry I hate shoes in the summer and I was nervous" :-[ :P I was comfy.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
As long as your sock suspenders match, I would consider it acceptable metal detecting attire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread