NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night Pocket Change posted a pin from the 40 et 8 society on the What Is It? forum, which got me thinking about the 40/8 Wrecking Crew smock I found here several years ago. So I pulled it out, and posted a few pics on his thread. Then I thought to myself it really needs to be where it belongs, which I figure is back with the 40/8's. I emailed their national office last night, and received this reply today

"
Ken

Yes we would love to have this! Our Chateau in Shreveport has a place where they hang and display items and we would love to add this to our collection!! I appreciate your thoughtfulness in regards to contacting us before disposing of it! Please send the items to

Voiture Nationale
c/o Terri Taylor
250 E 38[SUP]th[/SUP] St
Indianapolis, IN 46205

I will then get it to our Grand Correspondant in Louisiana who is excited about receiving the Smock. If you have any other questions or concerns please contact me

Thank you
Terri Taylor
Executive Secretary 40/8"

So, it'll be on its way to the people who will appreciate it the most very soon. I love history, and I was happy to own it and to learn about their organization, but it's their history more than mine, and I am happy to see it get a good home. If you don't know the story of the 40/8 and their "Wrecking Crews" it's a very interesting story.

408.jpg 4082.jpg 4083.jpg

The Forty and Eight - History of the 40&8

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread