Government want us to register our metal detectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy I got your attention, u no what people I'm not posting to be a dam idiot. seriously I did register my drone though, what I'm getting at don't be surprised that some day this may happen. Heck they already regulate where u can detect, your detector is now an invasion of privacy to the public, alive or dead. Consider to be an object of uncertainty with back expectations and use. Take my posting with a grain of salt, but I'm telling all, you better take action on a honest, harmless hobby that is be more restricted. the government will say, we own the airspace the water and hell any other crap they make up. In ending I'm telling you think ahead u see what's happening. THE QUESTION IS WHAT R U GOING TO DO ABOUT IT. Happy hunting while u can friends

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Register metal detectors you say ?

Hmmm... far cry from a drone.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey aquaman your missing the point u take everything for granted brother, we use to be able to joke about such a thing but, you rights civil liberties r slowly but surely being taken away. your wonderful government don't care about your relaxing times of pleasure, if your so called hobby is what they consider an invasion of privacy in there terms well u done. Remember they don't owe u a explaination they just squash u and that's it. I'm a staright forward guy but I'm open minded these r different times. if u don't believe me that your heads in the sand god bless, good day and stay vigilant

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah yeah yeah, and they control your thoughts too?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAD a drone. Crashed it seriously into a tree. Threw it in the trash.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's ok all you day dreaming folks, its amazing to me how we think people who voice there opinions on matters r considered some fruit loop. Folks this isn't the free and easy days of old, only when something affects u then its different. To be clear with some of u I don't lose sleep and I'm certainly not paranoid. But I do see how things have changed and r changing not for the good either. So if you think everything is just hunky dorry then its to late for u. Think of your kids / grandkids future don't be so selfish in your. Don't be so dam ignorant and respect something other than yourself. life is to short to be ignorant of the times we live in, good day

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I will never register my detector .. and if i see a drone i will shoot it down..

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're such a rebel, why'd you register your drone?

Every time I Google "metal detecting outlaw", it takes me to Tesoro's site :laughing7:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know what scares me?
Bath Salts.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You actually registered your drone? Not me baby! They are not taking away my right to fly a drone. I think I am going to occupy a Wendy's until the Frosty Machine is empty!

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will have to pry my detector out of my cold dead hands..........

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Government does own everything. That is why a hunting, fishing, flying, driving, boating, etc license is required. They even own where I live, that is why I have to pay home owners tax. If I do not pay the tax who get the house, the government.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love you beans, I couldn't have said it better, it really is to bad. believe me I'm not a softy by any means on matters such as these and many others, but I'm not a maniac and do think before I do, I'm to a past military person and upset with hell government in general, why because they go overboard and then people like the guy in Oregon gets killed etc. So in ending I'm not a jesse james or a loose cannon, but if you corner a rat that rat will bite your ass. Thankyou for responding good day

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd think air should be free, too, but I seen ppl charging for that, as well!
You may perhaps get ya a CM, and you can hash it all out, in the Political forum.
Thread may get shut, if it borderlines politico stuffs, sorry. (not my rule..... just saying).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er12, if you wish to discuss politics please join as a charter member as the only place to discuss politics is our politics forum found under charter member...

Thread locked and will be deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread