got dog tags?

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello ~ I am a member of the ISALC (International Society of Animal License Collectors) ~ We have a quarterly newsletter for our members called PAWPRINTS. I am in charge of a new section in the newsletter that shows off dog tags that were found by metal detectorists! . . . . PLEASE e-mail me pic's of your recent dog tag finds ~[email protected] ~ send individual images of each dog tag, and your name and where (city/state) where you found 'em!

We wanna see all of them ~ new & old!

THANK YOU for sharing!
Neil

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this 1929 Virginia dog tag

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 105

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill post mine tomorrow I was just getting ready to throw them out. Ill take pics first

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill post mine tomorrow I was just getting ready to throw them out. Ill take pics first
BUNCH OF GUYS COLLECT THEM - never throw stuff out unless its actually junk - even then - good to start scrap buckets
if you have the space -
when I was younger (in my teens - in the 70s) I needed money for my car. insur. gas etc - I usd to set up with a guy at flea markets and would bring
a lot of my old finds to see what people were interested in - they had a guy called the "key man" collected all kinds - any kinds of keys
I had old skeleton keys and early car keys - like model t ford keys and such (any thing out of the ordinary)- guy went nuts
then we had the "button lady" she had a button museum - she asked if I had any buttons and told her I mostly had a bunch of dirty old flatbuttons from 1700 - 1800s - she could not believe it - she said "you cant find buttons like these" she paid me around $4 a button - sold her like $60-$70 worth
back then - I could not believe it ...and had a guy that wanted to buy dog tags too - probably got 50c a piece for them - had abunch from the teens and 20s
had a woman wanting beat up costume jewelry - she wanted them for the stone - real or not
and other stuff - you just don't know what people may want - I would just bring my "junk" box there and people would pick thru it
people would find hidden gems in it and get excited
it true what they say - one mans trash....nother mans treasure

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heh - sounds like you did well with the flat buttons (I brought some to the flea market once...they didn't get much attention) - but you got hosed on the dog tags.....heh - keys weren't worth much back then -but those people who do "steampunk" sorts of things will buy any sort of key - lock - gauge - cog/gear - etc - they love old brass things....

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Email sent. Enjoy.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You want these pre 1970 like your thread?

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed you one so far that i had on my computer. I'll have to go take some pics of other i have and get them to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread