Nel Attack for which detector.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts are...

That if you get it for the Etrac...it will widen the gap over the AT Pro.

That if you get it for the AT Pro....it will lessen the gap to the Etrac.

So getting for the AT Pro would give you a 9/10 machine and a 10/10 machine.....

Getting it for the Etrac you'd have a 7/10 machine and a 11/10 machine.....

(My scale is just to make a point...not ruffling feathers saying the AT Pro is a 7/10)

OP
OP
Sheppie22

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My thoughts are...

That if you get it for the Etrac...it will widen the gap over the AT Pro.

That if you get it for the AT Pro....it will lessen the gap to the Etrac.

So getting for the AT Pro would give you a 9/10 machine and a 10/10 machine.....

Getting it for the Etrac you'd have a 7/10 machine and a 11/10 machine.....

(My scale is just to make a point...not ruffling feathers saying the AT Pro is a 7/10)
Thanks for the response. Kinda my thoughts exactly.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The big question is, Why are you getting a new coil? Is there something wrong with your present coils?
Most of these aftermarket coils are jest expensive eye candy on your detector. A bigger coil just gives you a larger scanned area on each swing. A smaller coil just gives you a bit more separation on targets, like if you hunt garbage dumps. The thing is the power output of your detector is the same!
I have used the same stock coils that came with my detectors for years. My current ones are 16 years old. They will go down as deep as the new stock Detector & stock coils will go. Hay, my 2 Box is probably 20 years old and it will go down over 6'. The coil on the transmitter & receiver are the aluminum trim on the cases. It's the guts in the box that makes the difference, not the coil. Just something to think about from an old hunter! Frank

the inquisitor 700.jpg

OP
OP
Sheppie22

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The big question is, Why are you getting a new coil? Is there something wrong with your present coils?
Most of these aftermarket coils are jest expensive eye candy on your detector. A bigger coil just gives you a larger scanned area on each swing. A smaller coil just gives you a bit more separation on targets, like if you hunt garbage dumps. The thing is the power output of your detector is the same!
I have used the same stock coils that came with my detectors for years. My current ones are 16 years old. They will go down as deep as the new stock Detector & stock coils will go. Hay, my 2 Box is probably 20 years old and it will go down over 6'. The coil on the transmitter & receiver are the aluminum trim on the cases. It's the guts in the box that makes the difference, not the coil. Just something to think about from an old hunter! Frank

View attachment 1268215
My main reason is that for the past 5 years I have had the privilege of hunting a now closed down golf course that dates back to the 1930s. I have found over 2000 coins there which 173 of those are silver. I still find coins their but they are becoming fewer and fewer between. I believe that there are many coins still there but just out of the reach of my stock coils. If I can get just another inch or two of depth I believe I can find many more. At least that's my thoughts. Been hunting for 38 years so I have the experience.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Let's see, coins from the 30's in Ohio. Your present detector and coil should pick them up easily. They probably aren't over 6" deep. Most will be at the tee off sites, spill from when the player reached in his pocket for a tee. A larger coil doesn't go deeper, it just covers more area. You are just spreading out the same power from your detector.
You might try a good PI detector for more depth. Just my thoughts. Frank

Frog Hop 700.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have AT PRO attack coil goes deeper in my coin garden My 2 cents

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you are hunting silver coins, for sure get it for the Etrac.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread