Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello all!

I am new to the forum. I have dabbled in metal detecting a few years ago and on my first time out found nice ring. I am now in Colorado Springs Colorado. My primary interests are in cache hunting but am also interested in coins and other like items. In general I am new to this all. I have done some research and noticed there are several lost treasures in the Colorado area within 100 miles of me. I am in the military and have a pretty sound foundation on how to move and traverse the landscapes where most of these claims are supposedly at. I recently purchased an all purpose metal detector, a Fisher F5. I am very interested in extensive and challenging hunts and am attracted to the extremeness of these hunts I am interested in. I do have questions as to the tools of the trade that I should invest in. I am considering purchasing DeLorme AG-008727-201 InReach Explorer Two Way Satellite Communicator with Built in Navigation since it has a distress beacon, satellite communication and navigation. My reasoning for this purchase it the extreme terrain some of these caches will take me. Are there any other tools, books, knowledge you can share? Also, I am looking for a hunting partner in the area! My primary interest is caches but am also open to any other hunting you may have in mind. I have three sons that would also love to go on less challenging hunts so any ideas for me to include them on would be great as well. I look forward to hearing from all of you, thanks

Joshua

RTigger2

Greenie
Feb 4, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Viper
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also new to this. I have a treasure that I am trying to find, but I need some help. Does anyone know how to work with criptograms and how to solve them. If there is someone that can help me, I would be willing to share what I am working on. (excuse spelling0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
The thing I would want in your area would be maps of the areas claimed. I was invited to mine an area near Divide a couple years and I was amazed the number of claims every where. So use caution as some miners are very possessive. The two claim owners I was with both carried side arms.
When I saw a claim map of Cripple Creek I doubted one could walk w/o always being on a claim. BTW it's ok to walk on a claim, I was worried about your MD.

OP
OP
BigChief

BigChief

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
hvacker, Im glad you mentioned that about the sidearm. I was wondering that in the back of my mind and you confirmed it. Its ironic that you mention maps, I was looking at a site that had old Colorado maps earlier today but they didn't provide any useful tips as to where the claims are. Is there a place that you could recommend to find such maps?

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your service.good luck and good for you wanting to bring your boys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread