True Treasure Seach in Need of help

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
people hid treasures in the old days, and then made puzzles that ..... once deciphered, point the way to the treasure, eh ?

There's been scores of caches found over time, by md'rs in lots of countries. Does anyone here on T'net know of ANY of them, that were a result of a cryptogram puzzle having been solved ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !
Post pictures in
Treasure Marks/Signs
There are a couple well informed members who appear to enjoy helping in there

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Would be willing to help.

Clues left behind weren't for sharing with others, but often had specific meaning to the person who left the ciphers or other cryptic items behind.

Can you say "memory aids"?

I have similar items on my computer that mean specific things to ME, so if someone got onto it they better be pretty good at understanding me and have the same frame of reference to work from in order to figure out why a certain picture reminds me of a number or another number reminds me of where I put something.

We have had members here on Tnet (I've been privy to information they shared with me) that have definitely followed "cryptic clues" that led to caches. You shouldn't discount such an idea just because you haven't found such clues, or if you have found such clues, been unsuccessful at deciphering them.

If the clues were easy to follow or decode, everyone could do it. If running a successful business was easy, everyone would do it.

Be well.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long have you been trying to solve it yourself. If you think it's the real deal, about the last thing I would do is let a stranger figure it out for me.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long have you been trying to solve it yourself. If you think it's the real deal, about the last thing I would do is let a stranger figure it out for me.

Then again I found some cool stuff in a cave and decided it was worth digging everything, about 2 hours of sifting changed my mind and I went home. I still think there's something hidden in there, but it'll be a huge waste of time if not. Back to hunting easy clad.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Can you say "memory aids"? .....

I have similar items on my computer that mean specific things to ME, so if someone got onto it they better be pretty good

We have had members here on Tnet (I've been privy to information they shared with me) that have definitely followed "cryptic clues" that led to caches. .....

Fair enough answer Chadeaux. Ok, I'll bite: what treasures have been found via cryptogram puzzles ? Got any links ?

And we'd have to define the word "found". Because I notice of a lot of dreamy eyed treasure legend hunters (lost mines, etc...) will say they "found" a treasure. But when you scrutinize them further, you find out they didn't/haven't actually "found" the treasure yet. Instead they have the location down pat . Eg.: a certain mountain, or a certain field, etc... All they need is A) a detector that goes 20 meters deep, and B) government permission , etc... But MIND YOU, in THEIR MIND'S EYES, they've "found" it.

So when you go to post any links, it's got to be something that's not just heresay or play-on-words.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tom, I know of none using cryptograms, but any treasure hunter that would reveal such on an open forum has just invited Uncle Sam and his buddies to give them a very extensive rectal exam.

I have seen images of finds ... not "this is where it should be" or "this is where it was". Only know these individuals by their handles on various forums, including here.

Do you have to believe it? No.

I used to be quite skeptical and prod some of the KGC hunters because I thought it was a bunch of hooey. You won't find me doing that any more.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do u have any way to post pictures? or you rather not do it?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tom, I know of none using cryptograms, but any treasure hunter that would reveal such on an open forum has just invited Uncle Sam and his buddies to give them a very extensive rectal exam....

Chadeaux, if you allow, let's look at this statement closely:

A) There is no shortage of md'rs stories upon finding caches. They can be found on "finds" sections of various forums, where we md'rs RELISH the "show & tell" aspect of our hobby. Ie.: gloating. I mean, gee, who DOESN'T want to show off his latest trophies ? (yes, even valuable ones). Because, like fishing, what good is it to catch a trophy bass, if you don't get to show it off in the fishing tournament. So too is md'ing: We all like to collect our "atteboys", and pace ourselves in what's basically a fun friendly competition. Right ? Sure there's a few "lone rangers". And sure there's a few that "fear the IRS". But all-in-all, there's NO SHORTAGE of people that have shown caches they've found, via whatever means. Therefore:

B) why would those found with cryptograms be any different ? Why can't any examples (as you yourself concede) be found where a cryptrogram was the key to having gotten it ?

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
The "Can't because of IRS" defense is wearing thin. Hoping wishing is natural. But we
value honesty above the need to pump air into speculation at best.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
do u have any way to post pictures? or you rather not do it?

If it were you, and I had pics --- knowing that this would bring the full weight of the IRS upon you to take "your fair share" --- would I be your friend if I posted them? Think about it.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chadeaux, if you allow, let's look at this statement closely:

A) There is no shortage of md'rs stories upon finding caches. They can be found on "finds" sections of various forums, where we md'rs RELISH the "show & tell" aspect of our hobby. Ie.: gloating. I mean, gee, who DOESN'T want to show off his latest trophies ?

Me, if I had one big enough to attract the gooberment's attention.

Because, like fishing, what good is it to catch a trophy bass, if you don't get to show it off in the fishing tournament.

So, if you were fishing out of season, would you still post pics of you and your catch in your local newspaper?

So too is md'ing: We all like to collect our "atteboys", and pace ourselves in what's basically a fun friendly competition. Right ? Sure there's a few "lone rangers". And sure there's a few that "fear the IRS". But all-in-all, there's NO SHORTAGE of people that have shown caches they've found, via whatever means.[/quote}

I will agree. To paraphrase Chief Dan George: "There has always been an unending supply of ID10TS, but there has always been a limited supply of discrete men."

B) why would those found with cryptograms be any different ? Why can't any examples (as you yourself concede) be found where a cryptrogram was the key to having gotten it ?

I wouldn't mind sharing a score with someone who helped me work a set of clues, be they signs and symbols on rock or a cryptogram. I would mind sharing my score with someone who did nothing but behave like the local thug with a gun who catches you stepping out of a nice restaurant.

To be honest, most people who are proficient at cryptograms are very discrete persons who don't share much with others about their personal lives.

"Loose lips sink ships."

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
//// There has always been an unending supply of ID10TS, but there has always been a limited supply of discrete men." ....

Chadeaux, you have built an impenetrable web of protection, such that the claims you make "require no proof". Heck, I can do the same thing:

A buddy of mine found the holy grail, or a million dollar coin, or brought up the Oak Island treasure. You need not doubt me though. The only reason he doesn't come forward, is because of the same reasons you cite:

A) fear of the IRS coming to collect the taxes on it B) fear of thieves coming to his house to steal it. C) He's smarter than all those other "idiots" who have posted their show & tell finds (even valuable ones). D) C really doesn't apply anyhow, since small-time grab-bag caches (worth only a few thousand) or singular coins (worth only a few thousand) don't compare to the cache worth millions that my friend found. E) my friend who found the cache is just "discreet".

And to top it all off, this cache worth millions was found in your backyard ! But no proof is necessary. Bullet proof circular reasoning that defies any attempt to cast doubt on it. Don't ya love it ?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chadeaux, you have built an impenetrable web of protection, such that the claims you make "require no proof". Heck, I can do the same thing:

A buddy of mine found the holy grail, or a million dollar coin, or brought up the Oak Island treasure. You need not doubt me though. The only reason he doesn't come forward, is because of the same reasons you cite:

A) fear of the IRS coming to collect the taxes on it B) fear of thieves coming to his house to steal it. C) He's smarter than all those other "idiots" who have posted their show & tell finds (even valuable ones). D) C really doesn't apply anyhow, since small-time grab-bag caches (worth only a few thousand) or singular coins (worth only a few thousand) don't compare to the cache worth millions that my friend found. E) my friend who found the cache is just "discreet".

And to top it all off, this cache worth millions was found in your backyard ! But no proof is necessary. Bullet proof circular reasoning that defies any attempt to cast doubt on it. Don't ya love it ?

I love it because you're confused in much the way I was. You'll find some of my statements from certain KGC threads are mirrored by your statement above.

Be patient. Ask the RIGHT questions. Ask the right people. Let your behavior (comments) show others that you are trustworthy.

Perhaps someone will take you into their confidence.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Be patient. Ask the RIGHT questions. Ask the right people. Let your behavior (comments) show others that you are trustworthy.

Perhaps someone will take you into their confidence.

Correct. So then you have no doubt we found a million dollar treasure in your backyard then, right ? If you have any doubts, all you need to do is filter this claim through your own line-of-reasoning, be patient, etc... Right ?

OP
OP
R

RTigger2

Greenie
Feb 4, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Viper
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been informed that this is a cypher code and not a cryptogram...
Can anyone help?

OP
OP
R

RTigger2

Greenie
Feb 4, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Viper
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160113_150540.jpg 20150828_031520.jpg

Does anyone know where either of these photos were taken?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread