Southeastern City parks?

Diggin Canada

Apr 22, 2014
Ontario
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I am going down to the southeastern states in two weeks and was wondering if there were any large cities that allowed metal detecting in public parks? I have been doing a lot of research and it seems like all the larger cities do not allow detecting on public land. If you know of any large cities that allow metal detecting please let me know.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... I have been doing a lot of research and it seems like all the larger cities do not allow detecting on public land....

I you did "a lot of research" as you say, and found some city park's that had a true and specific "no metal detecting" rule, then: Wouldn't it now just be a matter of going to those cities which .... in your research, DID NOT have such rules ?

Because you're not going to find any express allowance anywhere. Ie.: any cities with laws or signs saying "metal detecting allowed here" type thing. You would therefore only need to cross-off any that had express dis-allowances. And if not dis-allowed, the presto, it's not dis-allowed. If not prohibited, then it's not prohibited. There need not be an express allowance.

Naturally avoid obvious historic sensitive monuments. And avoid gripers (ie.: don't go at high traffic times waltzing over people's beach blankets). Because of course, md'ing has connotations, and ANYONE can gripe (even in the absence of a specific prohibition). So pick low traffic times, and then take some pix of all the silver coins to share with the forumites :)

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you list the cities you plan to visit, chances are that someone here lives or detects there and can give you first hand information. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread