Curse of the Frozen Gold New Gold Prospecting Show

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
The U.S. PREMIERE. Hey my American friends "CURSE OF THE FROZEN GOLD" Episode 1 airs Sunday Feb 14th at 10:00pm ET, on Discovery's Animal Planet. Set your PVR's its going to be a wild ride. It waas great to be a part of the show and I hope you enjoy it..

daryladamevan.JPG

www.spindlequest.com/treasuureleads.html

The Day it all began watch past credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esSAJr8BG6I

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The episode #1 aired 5-28-2015-----------------------Is this supposed to be a new one?
Marvin

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the difference between this show and the other Greenland show
?

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the difference between this show and the other Greenland show
?
This is in Canada, close to Pitt Meadows, just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia on the North side of the Fraser River. Wish I had known about these treasure tales when living in the area almost 25 years. :(

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did anyone watch it?
D
======================================
I did,,
Honestly,,,I really didn't care for it.
Rookies for sure ,,at least in prospecting it seems. But hey,,, it's REALITY TV,,,scripted.
And the guy that "staked" a claim while being a "guest" should have been tossed into the creek.
Although I did see them pan the moss on the benches and ledges though,,So maybe one of them has some experience.
Not sure if I will "follow" this one or not, but the scenery is breathtaking.
Maybe they should take a detector too next time,,,

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I can get the channel. :(

G

ghostminer

Yes, I watched it with the wife. Nice scenery. Didn't care for the show. I wonder how you get things like this on the air? If the episodes are all like the first one it's not going to make it. I'd love to see a show on real mining on a small scale, not fake shows like Gold Rush or made up shows like Curse Of The Frozen Gold. Waste of time. Sorry.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't care for it either to the point I will likely not watch new episodes. Seemed very staged and scripted.

G

ghostminer

So I watched episode #2. The best thing I can say is that the scenery is breathtaking. As for the show itself, it is poorly scripted and produced. You don't get the sense that you are watching anything real but instead viewing a poorly written movie with bad actors. The production jumps all over the place. I think there could have been a show here but someone missed the boat. It's amazing to me that shows like this actually make it on the air. It would have been a better idea to produce a documentary of the history of the area including the stunning scenery. This could have been done on a professional level and would have been worth watching. Please Animal Planet, let's raise the bar on your next attempt at reality tv.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
A new show is coming in April, Grizzlies 'n Gold. They follow bears around with gold detectors
to test the tundra bears tear up. Also they are required to put the tundra back in place so
other animals don't trip over and hurt themselves. It will be a hit because the play by play
will be narrated by Boy George.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions