The chicken, the goose and the crazoid with a gun.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the first two parts are true, however, geese often mistake snow shovels for guns. NO gun involvement whatsoever.

Yesterday I was shoveling new snow off the deck (again) and my four happy horrid spoiled rotten hens started squawking uncontrollably. Now let me assure you, they had already had their breakfast and were working on their SECOND cinnamon sugar jumbo sized muffin of the morning. Anyway, what are these demanding creatures squawking at? It's overcast and snowing with a low cloud ceiling. So next thing I know I hear squawking coming from another direction-the air! But wait! It's not squawking......it's honking.

These "pet" chickens (they actually own me) have successfully called down a flock of about 40 geese! I look up and these geese and dropping out of the cloud cover, tipping their wings as they do to drop quickly in altitude and are coming in for a landing! But wait, it's a trap! Set by the chickens!

So the geese figure it's a chicken and human plot for world domination, or goose dinner, or whatever, and take out really quick.

Sad part of the story is it's 100% true. Never heard of such a thing before. I mean, geese wanting to come play with chickens? What's next, dogs and cats sleeping together, like was said in the first "Ghostbusters" movie?

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You aren't able to detect now, are you?:BangHead::laughing7:
Marvin

marion moore

Feb 23, 2015
Greenville, South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't keep and geese, they will crap all over the place, I used to live on a 52 acre lake, they would crap all over my lot

near the lake, I solved that problem with small bottle rockets, every time they started to get on my lot, I would

shoot the rockets over they head, after about two weeks they they left me alone. shell shock, I guess. it was fun.

marion

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will....be....detecting....NEXT weekend. Right now it's 8 degrees outside and as we all know, it's got to be 17 to detect properly.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a story ,
I know about geese landing near water and eating every blade of grass in sight.
You don't think they were after your muffins,, do you??

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will....be....detecting....NEXT weekend. Right now it's 8 degrees outside and as we all know, it's got to be 17 to detect properly.
16* is OK if you wear long sleeves.:laughing7:
If you were down South near me you could go out just about all year.:occasion14:
Marvin

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened was the chickens were telling all there was food there, geese took advantage .
We have -1 right now and nothing is flying!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chickens gave me an egg today! Dinner's on!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats returning the favor!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread