Gold is up $53.00 an ounce today! Silvers up 56 cents an ounce! About time!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is up $53.00 an ounce today! Silver's up 56 cents an ounce! About time!

Stocks are tanking again, so all the speculators are tossing their cash into gold and silver. Gold is now up to $1251.00 an ounce and silver is currently up to $15.90. It's about time gold and silver rebounded.

I don't have much gold, but I do have dozens of Sterling silver rings, pendants and earrings I've found detecting. Silver coins are off limits, but I'd sell all the jewelry in a heartbeat if it gets back to $30.00 an ounce or so.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tim,

With the stock markets tanking people are turning to silver and gold as a safe haven.....the uptrend might have just started.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope so! I haven't owned stocks since the Facebook IPO debacle, so tanking stocks won't affect my meager portfolio! LOL! It's also a lot more fun finding a silver coin when they're going for 20x face instead of the current 11x face value.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tim,

Just an off the cuff idea for getting way over melt on your silver jewelry....maybe you should consider renting a table this summer at a flea market in your area.....heck a small silver ring only weighs a few grams and would only give you a $1 or so at today's prices.

I'd try pricing those pieces at 5x scrap so a small ring gets you about $5. which is a good deal for the buyer and would work out to about $75 per ounce on a scrap basis.

Regards + HH

Bill

Stocks are tanking again, so all the speculators are tossing their cash into gold and silver. Gold is now up to $1251.00 an ounce and silver is currently up to $15.90. It's about time gold and silver rebounded.

I don't have much gold, but I do have dozens of Sterling silver rings, pendants and earrings I've found detecting. Silver coins are off limits, but I'd sell all the jewelry in a heartbeat if it gets back to $30.00 an ounce or so.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, , I've been hoarding and refusing to sell my gold.
I know that a tumbling market always seems to drive up the price of gold. How come the weak oil prices aren't driving the price of gold up.
If the price of gold reaches $1,500.,, I'll sell.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The same logic would work for your gold finds....a table at a flea market probably not as much of a mark up as the silver but you should be able to get a fair premium over melt for your gold rings....it's worth a shot.

Regards + HH

Bill

Sweet, , I've been hoarding and refusing to sell my gold.
I know that a tumbling market always seems to drive up the price of gold. How come the weak oil prices aren't driving the price of gold up.
If the price of gold reaches $1,500.,, I'll sell.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same logic would work for your gold finds....a table at a flea market probably not as much of a mark up as the silver but you should be able to get a fair premium over melt for your gold rings....it's worth a shot.

Regards + HH

Bill
I have a NYC General Vendor's license. This permits me to set up a table on the sidewalk in certain areas.
Although I don't sell any of the silver coins that I have dug, I have purchased Mercury Dimes at $1.10 each and resold them for $5 and up depending on condition and date. I'm not the only one who loves Mercury Dimes.
The only gold I would sell at melt is scrap earrings, crushed rings, rings with names, and plain wedding bands. I keep the good stuff. It is way too dangerous to start selling gold on a table on the streets of New York.
Silver is a different story. For the right price,, (5 × melt),, I might let some pieces go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread