Canadian coins and the Minelab Excalibur 1000

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I'm going to try out my new Minelab Excalibur this afternoon. It is hot in Buffalo Ny. The ground is dry. Too dry to ground hunt. So I'm off to Canada. The beachs are nice and the water is clear. I,m always trying to think of problems in advance. Found one. I'll bet the Sandman is grinning from ear to ear. He knows, he knows. The Minelab Excalibur sucks on Canadian coins. I found all kinds of them in the past with my 1280's. I tried it on a $1.00 Lune, quater, a dime and a $2.00[Twoee]. On the $1.00 Lune, no respounce at all. The $2.00 towee is okay [it has a copper insert in the center. The dime was not good,but I think I might be okay on it. The quater was poor. Canadian coins have iron in them. The Excalibur ignores iron. Oh well You can't have it all. >:( Mike

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
It will ignore iron,So there is your 'clue' to dig all null's.
Good luck Mike, Post them Canadian finds

OP
OP
Mike Silver -gold

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I did go to Canada. I had a good time on the beach. Not enough people in the water yet to be any good. I found 1 Canadian dime and 1 penny. $10.00 for gas $3.00 for the bridge. $4.00 to park. You win some and you lose a few. I'll go back in a few weeks. By then it will be packed with people. Mike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread