Where you from?

Moleman

Jun 9, 2007
I have been blessed. I have been handed down the property of my great grandparents. I have been here about 5 years and been learning the history on it. Great pa homesteaded it in the late 1800's. He lived with some people here before then. The old house stood out back about 150 yards from here. Built in the early 1800's. This land has been in the family for almost 150 years.Grandma tells me of pickin cotton here as a child. I know of two old wells and know right where the house stood. My mind has been going crazy thinking of what might be there. I found a big mason jar in the bottom of a tree. Just walking around. There was nothing in it, the top had rusted off of it. But it made me wonder what was there at one time. I put it back and plan to go back as soon as my Garret 250 gets here.

What do you think about this? Any tips... I live in Louisiana. Marthaville area. Anybody close like MD together?

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Sure wish I had some history to hunt on like that all I wanted. You have a lot of nice history to be found down there in the old south. I am up in Missouri....Misery is more like it with all the wet heat moving in.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Louisiana has some great items to be found I'd be hittin it hard every chance I got

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread