Death In Minelab Repair Center Family

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am posting this at my hunting partner Dave’s request; he is head engineer at Kellyco Detectors where the Minelab Repair Center is located.

It is with a heavy heart that I report Barry who was the repair tech at Kellyco repair center for almost 3 years passed away suddenly this week from a massive stroke. His brother Dave will be stepping in to cover the repair work until they can find another tech. Dave is a retired Naval Maintenance Officer and is very knowledgeable on detectors among other things, Dave trained his brother Barry to do all the repairs and mods…. The repair center will continue to function, but for the next month or so repairs will be slower as they try to catch up on the back log.

The Repair Center asks that anyone who has sent detectors in and are waiting for repairs to please have a little extra patience and understanding as they deal with the loss of a brother, co-worker and friend.

Barry and I became very good friends after I retired and I can’t believe he is gone, at my age good friends like Barry are rare and Barry was indeed a very rare person himself, he had a heart of gold, loved to help other people, it was an honor and a privilege to call him my friend.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm very sorry to hear this. Thanks for posting. My prayers are with his family and friends.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry To hear Of Your Loss :(

But Good to Know repairs will still be in capable hands

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear this Treasure Hunter,my thoughts are with Barry's family and his friends at Kellyco.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Condolances and prayers to family and all affected. I heard the name before , and I'm pretty sure it was Barry who talked to me. About sending in a machine for repairs late last year. He was very kind and patient in going through the send-in instructions, potential for repairs on my specific issue, etc... Thanx for letting us know.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
TH, that is sad news indeed. I am certainly glad that I had the pleasure to meet Barry the last time up at Kellyco. I know he took pride in his work and troubleshooting. Condolences to his family and his Kellyco/Minelab friends.

Cliff

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this M...
Sorry for your loss.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our prayers for his family and friends and fellow workers at Kellyco, God bless.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Knew Barry because of Dave and the work they did, Truly will be missed by many. May he Rest In Peace.

And please pass along to Dave and the Family my condolences. Prays for all that shared in the life of Barry...

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do OBN......👍

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm personally very sorry to hear this news.

I dealt with Barry when I sent my Etrac in for repairs. He called me on the phone to discuss the repairs required and the expense involved. At first I said no, to just send it back. Then TH called me and put some danged sense back into my head.

Barry was a good guy and straight up. He will be missed by all.

I pray he is somewhere better now with eternal peace.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I had found this out a couple days ago when I called there to check on my excalibur repair. Very sorry for the loss, sounds like Barry was loved by many

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! So sorry to hear. He just repaired my E-Trac last month. Sent it back good as new with a new coil. Great service and super fast turnaround.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, they are still doing repairs on detectors but wait time is now about 3 weeks..

All excal mods are on hold till another tech is located to help with repairs......

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There goes another great guy.....sad.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A sad day for treasure hunters. Prayers to his family.

acm3

Jan 2, 2016
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and
Garrett pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry to hear about your loss. PRAYERS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread