NEW CONTEST! 3 prizes - First Prize Gold/Diamond Ring - Winners announced!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
The winners were announced here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,93210.0.html

Because I have been extra fortunate MD'ing the past two years and I owe much of that to the inspiration that I get here at TNet, I am going to give some of it back. Since I joined TNet in May 2006, I began reading all the great posts here and it motivated me to get out more. Then I discovered that I had a little niche in the woodchips at parks and the schoolyards. This made me even hungrier, wanting to doo even better, search harder, find more! I was very successful, therefore, inspired by M-Squared's contest last week, I am having a contest of my own. That was very cool M-Squared... thanks!

Two weekends from now, on June 23rd and 24th, this contest is to guess how many coins I will find in one weekend (two weekend days) of hunting. That's the total number of coins, US and foriegn, tokens do not count. This contest is open to all members of TNet (Moderators too!). I will be covering as many woodchip areas at schools as I can search each day starting at sunrise and quitting at noon both days. I may go past noon if it's a hot spot and I haven't covered all the woodchips yet. A typical day out there pillaging the woodchips for me would be 3 to 4 schools covered completely and 4 to 5 hours hunt time (1 to 2 hours drive time). Check out my past postings in "Today's Finds" for an idea of what I doo out there if you don't know me. I will search at schools that I have never hunted. I will plan to hit the rich side of town one day and a more middle class area the next. I may even stop at a park if I pass one that looks inviting. I will only promise to work it hard and find as much as I can (like usual...lol)

Here's the rules:
This is a contest for total coins found during two weekend days of treasure hunting and my plan is to doo it on the 23rd and 24th. If I get rained out or have personal problems on one or both days, then the contest will be extended and more guesses accepted until I hunt for the two weekend day period. It could be one day the first weekend and one the next for example, if there are "issues". The contest and guessing ends after I hunt the second day and post a reply when I get home saying "No More Guesses, The Clad Pile Is Here, Winners To Be Announced Soon!" After that, I will clean and count my finds. The winners will be the folks who guess the closest coin total to the actual total. ONE GUESS PER PERSON. Ties will be broken by the person whom posted their guess first. If two or more members guess the same amount, the first person to guess it wins but if it is the first or second place prize, the second person would then be eligible for that next lower prize. (too complicated so please guess different numbers ...lol). Chopped in half coins, corroded partial coins, etc, count as one coin to the total count.

Prizes:
There are three (3)!

FIRST PRIZE is a 10kt yellow gold and diamond filligree ring. I found this earlier this year in the chips. It is approx size 6. There are 2 small diamond chips in it! It's a pretty little ring!

SECOND PRIZE is a sterling silver 925 ring with a nice size citrine gemstone Found last year in the chips. It is approx size 7. A beautiful ring! This ring was also in the photo on the the cover of Western & Eastern Treasure Magazine with me in the Feb 2007 edition.

THIRD PRIZE is a 1891 Seated Liberty dime. I found this in the 1980's at my TH'ers dream site where I pulled hundreds on keeper coins and rings from. This was one of my first Seated coins found.

BONUS PRIZE is if anyone guesses the exact amount, I will send you a money order for the US+Canadian total clad value that I found during the contest. For instance, if I find 20 US/Canadian coins for a $3 value, you get a money order for $3! ;) , or if I find 416 coins for a $27.00 value, you get a money order for $27 :o . I am giving it up!

I will PM the winners and request their address. I will pay for shipping but I am not responsible if something gets lost in the mail, no replacement prize will be given, sorry. Hopefully, that doesn't happen, but it's out of my control. They will be sent via first class US postage unless someone outside the US wins, then I may choose a less expensive method.

So there you go. let the fun begin! Guessing starts now!

Here's some pics of the prizes. Have fun.
Good luck to you all and...

keep smiling!

;D
BDoo

Attachments

• Prizes.jpg
    Prizes.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 847
  • 1st prize.jpg
    1st prize.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 847
  • first prize.jpg
    first prize.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 833
  • 2nd prize.jpg
    2nd prize.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 822
  • second prize.jpg
    second prize.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 834
  • Third place.jpg
    Third place.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 819

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: NEW CONTEST! 3 prizes - gold/diamond ring first prize

211 coins

HH
mike

fyrfighter17

Feb 24, 2007
Essington,Pa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

185 will be happy with third place don't have one of those yet ::)

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

Ah Geez, I wanted 3rd Place Prize.... ;D

Ok......given MM's fantastic grand total.....and my belief that you can outdo him....even though you are doing it 2 days.............

My guesstimate is......275
--Mel

borninok

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

If I win any prizes, I'll take 3rd prize also :)

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro

Hmmm, I'd guess 197. Prizes? I'd play without prizes, I just like to be messin. But, my wife likes prizes.

Burt

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

it's summer, lots of people outside,.... 237 coins.

best of luck!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

86,but certainly hope you find a lot more.You're a thumbs-up member.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sticking with my 236...same as the last contest. Sorry Captain Jack, I know you chose 237, but 236 is my Squadron.

;) RR

HaveFaith

Apr 4, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Prizm II, White's PI Pro, Sov. GT

Thanx for the contest!! My guess is 191.

Eileena

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I am gonna guess 313 and do a happy dance when you pass it up! :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread