New prospector

BowCowboy

Feb 28, 2016
Oakland Tn.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am very new to prospecting . I live in West Tennessee near memphis. Where close to me can I pan . I also do lots of work in Colorado and Wyoming in the oil and gas industry. Any members here near memphis who would be interested in helping a new guy out. I am a builder and fabricator who is building a sluice now and kicking around a dredge concept. I am obsessed with gold and finding it now

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. I am sure members will jump in shortly to help...

Idaho Digger

Greenie
Feb 25, 2016
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 400
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Forum. I'm new to the Forum, but have been MDing for quite a few years on and off. I lived in Arizona for 4 years and did Gold Prospecting whenever I could. The one thing I'll tell you is before spending money on a lot of equipment, try panning the areas you will be going to.
You can work pretty darn hard for very little Gold. If you find a good spot, you can recover enough to put a smile on your face, but you will not be rich unless you are luckier than 99.5% of the people out there.
I almost always ended up with some gold using both a sluice and a dry washer, but it was never an amount that paid for all the equipment, gas etc. Some may do better than I have, especially if they are on a decent claim.
Get your feet wet before going whole hog.
If you find a place with some decent color in your pan, then would be the time to go to better methods that the Gold Pan.

I wish you lots of color in the pan, but go slow before dropping to much cash on equipment. You have to find a place that has Gold before you can recover any. Gold is where it at.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread