eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OJ's property not metal detected?

Just saw on the news a knife has turned up which had been kept by someone after having been found and reported to the police many yrs ago, it was found buried on OJ Simpson's property by a construction worker, apparently while grading.
Now, it's probably not the murder weapon, it's supposed to be a 3 or 4" folder of the type we're all familiar with....I found a nice Case Mako model once while detecting...but the news footage went to some guy involved in the original investigation who defensively said "We did a thorough search, 150 people searched the primary property and the adjacent ones"...but what occurred to me is, you mean they never used a metal detector to look for the murder weapon?
Really?
The knife probably wasn't very deep, if they had done a decent search with a MD, it should've been found.
Not that this will make much of a difference now, OJ can't be charged because of double jeapardy, and this is the reason they say the knife was never investigated after having been reported as found, but they're still testing it for dna. I doubt they'll find anything, I just think a good metal detector search of his yard would've been basic procedure, given the circumstances.

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Also on the news the owner of the company that razed the place said it was a hoax. No knife was found or turned in. I guess sooner or later we MIGHT hear the truth.

I can't imagine any officer keeping it and not turning it in as evidence. HOWEVER, not at all saying it didn't happen.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well it was a Police Officer who Held it Back.
if the Finder had held it back he'd be in jail for hiding Evidence.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well it was a Police Officer who Held it Back.
if the Finder had held it back he'd be in jail for hiding Evidence.

Why...?

Do you know how many knives were found after the crime in the neighborhood?

I think Simpson is guilty as hell...

I'm curious why the "finder" (if true) would be charged with anything while tearing down the home even if he kept it. The murder trial was over... civil trial was over... even if it was / is the murder weapon what difference does it make now lawfully...?

NOW... it would make a difference to ME if it was my daughter / son or family.... but it changes nothing now.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know he's Guilty.
You know he's Guilty.
allot are still In Denial .
I still would like something like DNA Evidence to prove there was a coverup.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know he's Guilty.
You know he's Guilty.

Damn guy.... I'm right there with ya...!!! I don't know if I personally believe there was a cover-up so much as a blotched prosecution. I heard they found many knives in the area while searching....? True..? You'll have to ask C.C.... he'll know.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I know he's Guilty.
You know he's Guilty.

Maybe we will see it and maybe not.

The world believes he is guilty. There is no doubt in my mind. However, as stated on the news, he cannot be charged again. Double jeopardy. He got away with murder. His lawyer probably got away with tampering with evidence and made the glove not fit.

I know my lawyer joke on the last thread wasn't deleted but the thread was locked. I am nervous to post any more lawyer jokes. I do know the problem with them though. People do not think they are jokes, and lawyers do not think they are funny.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The world believes he is guilty. There is no doubt in my mind. However, as stated on the news, he cannot be charged again. Double jeopardy. He got away with murder. His lawyer probably got away with tampering with evidence and made the glove not fit.

I know my lawyer joke on the last thread wasn't deleted but the thread was locked. I am nervous to post any more lawyer jokes. I do know the problem with them though. People do not think they are jokes, and lawyers do not think they are funny.

I don't know on the Lawyer joke, But aren't they all ?

anyway,

even though the news said different.
I was always under the impression he could be tried again if they had all new evidence.
they just can't re use the old stuff.
which means if he were to come out and admit it, or if they got absolute undeniable film
of the murder, I would think they could go to a grand Jury :dontknow:

I'm not saying I know what I'm talking about :tongue3:
just my understanding of double jeopardy
(not talking the boring mamas boy game show host type double jeopardy)

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nope, no new evidence is allowed. He cannot be tried for the same crime. Even with positive evidence. He beat the system. Maybe he could be tried for a different crime. No idea what. Littering?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, no new evidence is allowed. He cannot be tried for the same crime. Even with positive evidence. He beat the system. Maybe he could be tried for a different crime. No idea what. Littering?

yea unfortunately he comes up for parole next year.
and even though they say non get out the first time they come up,
odds are he will :(

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah, I noticed that. We must have a mod that is a lawyer without a sense of humor (JUST JOKING MOD!)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only reason I can think is someone got Political & it wasn't in Politics ? :dontknow:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ahh before I told the joke I did say that lawyers become politicians. But I know I will never talk politics. Maybe we need a detecting graveyards thread?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It was locked because it was about a banned member...

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks! So hopefully lawyer jokes are safe. I an glad because it was so cold out yesterday, I actually saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! So hopefully lawyer jokes are safe. I an glad because it was so cold out yesterday, I actually saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

I'll have to call ya on that post buddy..... Hard to believe! :laughing7:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The glove didn't fit because it got wet and shrunk.

The knife is probably in a storm drain in Chicago. Funny no one looked.

Does anyone ever look in those?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Glove didn't fit because he put it on over a glove, Plus it isn't hard to Puff your hand up,
just by the way you position your fingers.
and make a Glover harder to put on

OP
OP
eddiecurrent

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"a construction worker found the knife years ago -- we have heard several different stories, ranging from "several years ago" to 1998, when the house was demolished.
The weapon is a folding buck knife.
Our law enforcement sources say the construction worker took the knife to the street, where he saw an LAPD cop. He told the officer where he found the knife and the cop took it.
Turns out the cop -- who worked in the traffic division -- was off duty at the time, working security for a movie shoot at a house across the street on Rockingham. Our sources say the officer took the knife home and kept it ... kept it for years.
In late January of this year, after the cop retired from the LAPD, he contacted a friend who worked in LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division (RHD). The cop told the friend about the knife and said he was getting it framed to put on his wall. He wanted his friend to get the DR (Departmental Record) number for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman murder case, which he planned on engraving in the frame.
We're told the friend was indignant, and told his superiors. The brass was outraged and demanded that the retired cop turn the knife over, which he did.
Our sources say the knife is currently being tested for hair and fingerprints. It will be moved to the Serology Unit next week, where it will be tested for DNA and other biological evidence.
One source familiar with the investigation tells us, cops who eyeballed the knife think it could have blood residue on it, but it's hard to know without testing because it's extremely rusted and stained.
The investigation is top secret. It's been logged into the LAPD's computer system outside the official case file to maintain security. Our sources say, since O.J. was found not guilty, it's still an open case. That means cops can continue investigating, but O.J. cannot be prosecuted again -- double jeopardy.

Read more: O.J. Simpson: Buried Knife Found at O.J.'s Estate | TMZ.com

It's probably not a Buck folder, they won't really rust up bad, it's 440c steel and the ground there is mild compared to...say...wet salt sand. Probably a Pakistan or chinese cheapie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread