Mar 3, 2016
West Jordan Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pointer 2
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must say I'm jealous that your son is interested in this hobby. I'm just starting out now and I'd love my son to share in the enthusiasm. He was initially excited but once he realized that it takes a lot of work, time and patience, he lost interest pretty quick. Keep encouraging him to continue and good luck!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must say I'm jealous that your son is interested in this hobby. I'm just starting out now and I'd love my son to share in the enthusiasm. He was initially excited but once he realized that it takes a lot of work, time and patience, he lost interest pretty quick. Keep encouraging him to continue and good luck!

It will only take one special find to get him hooked I created a red head Monster by bring red a Necklace covered In dirt, now we have 4 detector's and 2 pin pointers hh chug and red

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the real thing is just that --let him earn his way in to the hobby ..

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome now take him somwhere that crowds have gathered, but far away from trashcans and soda vendors. Places where people watch fireworks, parks with a baseball field in rough shape (not used often, less attention), where the ice cream truck stops at the local elementary school (I scraped up 6 bucks there).

cache finder

Dec 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be a great way to learn the machine as well. The different tones and how it reacts, I don't think it's bad

OP
OP
P

Plainsmen

Greenie
Mar 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY #2

Here's the boys finds from about 2 hours of looking. Finally found a 2013 dime right before we packed it in. We went to a local park in the area. Hooouuullla mouuuula..... is there a bagillion bottle tops everywhere. We tried on the volley ball court for the first half hour or so... that's where we found the little mirror charm, but man... we'd find a good 70-90 signal and try digging in the sand.... nothing.... and then we'd lose the signal. Grrrrrrr..... we said meh... and went to the grass.... thats where we found everything else.

1st Treasure in the dime! haha.... only $599.90 until we pay that sucker off! BOOM! :laughing7:

20160311_175014_resized.jpg

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5x8 coil and pro zero. Good luck!

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't do it. Releventchair had a good idea about both of you building a seed garden together. Help him learn the machine/tones etc. don't sugar coat it. just my two cents. Good luck and cheers! hope I'm not too late the party!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread