Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
We are all lied to and deceived. Nobody likes that and IT IS NOT RIGHT!

However: None of us were harmed, no blood shed, no cops, no court date and nobody lost a single cent. Nothing was stolen, no children were in jeopardy and no animals were harmed.

I too am in the last half of my life, and am set in my ways, however, this cataclysmic travesty that has befallen our fine community is not really all that bad. If the fact that some guy lied about his MDing finds is our biggest problem, we have no real problems.

Once again, what happened was WRONG.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What pisses me off is all the the times I posted, "great finds Vino, you the man"
No...You didn't get duped... We did.
Shame on you.

I said this in the other thread. My FIRST and (I think) ONLY banner vote went to his 20 cent piece. I was so excited that someone found one in the ground. That coin is the absolute top of my bucket list dream find. Amazing to see someone get one! Such hope it gives me! They're still out there!

And now this whole ordeal...

*Price is Right sad trombone sound*

And you know what? That's okay. Because as others have said, seeing all the finds the great members here find are what keeps me going and gives me inspiration. Keep the pictures coming even if I don't know what half the finds are!

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Carolina Tom wrote, "Nothing was stolen, ....."

I beg to differ. "Trust" was stolen. For some people that may be of minor detail, but there are those who feel very strongly about trust; those who have been burned so often and so badly before that it is difficult for others to gain trust in the future.

Heck, I wasn't even a member here at the time (nor a visitor) and I still feel a bit burned.

Trust is a fragile thing - once lost it is sometimes impossible to replace, and almost never to its former status.

Please people, always try to find truth - "especially" when it is inconvenient or when it hurts!

Treasure Hunter wrote, "Please remember TreasureNet's rules on no posting of religion except for in the Politics Forum found under Charter Members Forum........ "

Guess I missed a post somewhere - didn't realize religion had been brought up here.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
This event has made my mind up for me: I am getting a camera to record my finds!!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I probably shouldn't even use this reference as a comparison to what one member did here. I TOTALLY know / realize that what this member did was wrong and it casts a shadow over a lot of us or this hobby but there are much larger (as always) things to worry / think about.

I personally lost a Daughter / Grandson trying to help an overturned vehicle with 2 adults and 3 children Feb. 16th. 2015 in Franklin TN. during an ice storm here. This guy / member trying to inflate a "find" doesn't even hit my radar... Let's move on.

Again, I admit it's not the same comparing my lost to this "sports" integrity is it... all the same WRONG. Let the Mod's do there job and find a worthy battle folks. There's bigger "things" to worry about.

I'm to close to large "problems" now not some stupid person looking for attention....? We all have our LARGE problems.... right?

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that was about a quote that may have been from a religious text, but I could be wrong.

What I am gaining from all this is I need to be more aware. I accept what is stated on trust.
Sometimes it is a weakness sometimes a strength.

I know a lot of you were hurt by this. I have voted for some of the finds myself, so this may sound strange but I feel sorry for him. Can you even imagine what could have movativated him to do that....no. It is not something most of us would have done, so why?
Put yourself in his shoes.
I think the biggest hurt in his life is the hurt he caused his friends and those that trusted him. Getting that back is hard.
What would drive you to do that? I think understanding the reason why it happened is key.

I myself, if I know why something happened helps me deal with it.
I know everyone is different, and deals with things differently, thank God, it would be a boring world if we were all the same. Just my thoughts.
Hope it helps the healing.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that was about a quote that may have been from a religious text, but I could be wrong.

What I am gaining from all this is I need to be more aware. I accept what is stated on trust.
Sometimes it is a weakness sometimes a strength.

I know a lot of you were hurt by this. I have voted for some of the finds myself, so this may sound strange but I feel sorry for him. Can you even imagine what could have movativated him to do that....no. It is not something most of us would have done, so why?
Put yourself in his shoes.
I think the biggest hurt in his life is the hurt he caused his friends and those that trusted him. Getting that back is hard.
What would drive you to do that? I think understanding the reason why it happened is key.

I myself, if I know why something happened helps me deal with it.
I know everyone is different, and deals with things differently, thank God, it would be a boring world if we were all the same. Just my thoughts.
Hope it helps the healing.

I also lady.... Brad

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about that. I really had NO IDEA that simply quoting a book would cause that. Sorry. I'll steer clear of bible quotes, Koran, and Fetivus Scrolls from here on out. :)
My post was meant for rivets.....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, I am glad that it was caught and punished.
it is no skin off my nose at any rate, but I do like to see honesty upheld. Well done Tnet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread