Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, this is a thread to just have fun with. I've had people tell me about the "good old days" and what they found. I will repeat what I was told, and don't know if it's legend, a tall tale or total garbage. Thought it would be fun to hear some of your hearsay stories too.

Somebody I met recently said they had gotten into a camp (at least 10 years ago) in Maryland. He was CW relic hunting. He said the historical marker was placed incorrectly and so he found the camp about half a mile from where it should have been and pulled over 100 plates (mainly union) out of the ground in a very short period of time.

There's one of the tales I have heard. You have one to share?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One Christmas eve, I found a MS-65 double strike George Washington Eagle cent with a Radio Shack special under a full lunar eclipse about 30 yards offshore of Vancouver when I was 4. But I threw it back because I hate pennies.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember in a previous life in Egypt I was a young slave boy and my job was to lubricate the massive timbers that were used to transport the large stones in the building of the King’s Pyramid.
I was the type to ask questions of everyone so one day the head engineer started a conversation at lunchtime. During the course of the conversation he eluded to the fact that the King was offering a huge reward for anyone who could direct his men to a local water source as they had to bring it from many Iteru’s away. He then told all he knew about rumors of others finding water with branches broken from a fruit tree. He explained everything about what he had heard and how it worked. He also encouraged me to try as I was young and could walk miles in the desert. I knew that I knew nothing about this but would try, but where was I to get a fruit tree branch? I then thought of making my own device, so I made my own device using small animal bones. I made two, one for each hand and one night , even though being so tired from swabbing the timbers, I went on a short sojourn into the desert around the site and using my newly made instruments I told myself that I was seeking water underground. Low and behold, as I was walking the instruments began to shake, and as I continued they stopped their movement. I retraced my steps and they began shaking again. I then wondered aloud how deep the water was and the instruments began to move back and forth 40 times and I concluded that was the depth of 40 Djser’s.
I carefully marked the spot and told my Mentor, the engineer, about my predictions.
Being a lowly slave boy I couldn’t get and interview with the King but the Engineer could. He notified the King and arrangements were made to dig that spot and investigate.
Water was discovered at 39 Djser’s so I was close and the King was thrilled.
I was immediately released from my duties as a timber swabber and given my freedom.
The King summoned me and asked if I could find Gold as well.
As I was pondering there was a sudden violent shaking of my body and then ---------------------------------The Wife said, Marvin, wake up, your breakfast is on the table and you said you were going to that old battle site and Detect.
Marvin:occasion14::coffee2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread