JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goin' back to the historical society again this year

I ran into the president of the local historical society a couple days ago and he asked if I'd like to come back to the property to do some more detecting. YAY! :) Thankfully, nobody found any problems with the way I dug holes (all I dug up was scrap metal and a 1970 penny). There was a particular spot on the property I really wanted to detect because there apparently used to be a WWI canteen on that spot, but when I was there last year, someone parked their car right near it and watched me the entire time I was detecting and I didn't feel comfortable digging holes near their car. Here's hoping I can actually check that particular area of the property out this year. Surely somebody had to have dropped something going into the canteen.

Now if only I had a pinpointer. That would make life much easier since I have a tendency of digging spots that beep, only to be unable to find the source of the beep once the hole is dug. Sadly, I just don't have $100 or so to spare for a pinpointer, so I have to make due by twisting my detector coil around and sticking that into the hole.

I'm glad to be (hopefully) saying goodbye to winter so I can start swinging again.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck. Sounds like you have a plan.:icon_thumright:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend some time hitting parks and playgrounds and collecting clad. You will be surprised how quickly it can add up Then use the clad to buy your Pinpointer.

OP
OP
JunkLover

JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the advice of the folks here from an older topic of mine and am selling some 1964 half dollars on eBay. Those might just be what pays for my pinpointer. So far, about $6.00 worth of mostly-silver 50-cent pieces has leapt up to $80 and the auction still has three days to go.

I also ran into the historical society president again a few days ago and he mentioned he saw some other folks detecting around here too. Sweet! I didn't know there were any other people around here detecting besides me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread