Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know one that hasn't been done? beach detecting by a witty comedic genious!!!

think of the shots!

Jeff you'd be in it for the "shots"!

In all seriousness, there are great finds made but I don't think TV can survive the down time in between the great finds.

When we figure out a way to mesh those two factors it would be an awesome show.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that's the time you fill talking to the beachies!! I tell you it's genious

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
let's see..... ummmm me and selena gomez and maybe the corrs

guaranteed hit!!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a Game Show format? You have real detectorists running an obstacle course. "American Ninja Detectorist!" Every obstacle completed earns a set amount of time to sweep an area seeded with prizes.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff is in his element!

Don't forget to throw some poison ivy and a skunk or two in the obstacle course, for realisim.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
during the slow times I could apply sunscreen to the ladies

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys amaze me. Good show, not so hot, find something, find nothing. It doesn't matter. Would you rather watch Honey Boo Boo? Dog the Bounty Hunter? The political crap we have to endure for the next few months? DH Casting, I wish you the best of luck. Your program will not only entertain, it will help detector businesses sell their products and introduce more and more people to metal detecting. So best wishes and go for it...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sooo then beach detecting it is!!

Call me producers and we will pick some beaches and lady team members. OHH and the payroll.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's decided to do a reality detecting show, I want in! I have 17 silvers so far this year with an estimated value of around $100. My two most expensive detectors are msrp of around $2700. That's a net gain of $2600. Or is it loss, math is hard. Anyways, in summary, I want in!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sorry Caveman I have the male lead locked up ( you might fill in when I'm on vacation) ((BTW I want 16 weeks vacation per annum))

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry Caveman I have the male lead locked up ( you might fill in when I'm on vacation) ((BTW I want 16 weeks vacation per annum))

Well fine! How about sidekick? I would make a great sidekick!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aliens.jpg I want to meet his barber.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey now!
if the toad can ride around on an atv and talk on the radio while others do the work,

I can sunscreen anyone I want as the star of the show!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daniel (DHCasting),

I get pitched two or three times a year from different production companies. The greatest majority are for reality based shows. Very easy and cheap to produce. When they flew me out to Az to work with Legends of Superstition Mountains, we were pitched a great fact based show. Wayne went to a lot of trouble getting them interviews with Clay Worst, Tom Kollenborn, and others. They didn't use any of the interviews. Instead, they made up a bunch of hokey crap (fake bat cave Jesuit Symbol), fake Black Legion Handprint, fake Indian Medicine Wheel. I apologized to Wayne, because when I was talking to the producer, I told them about the whole Jesuit thing, and also told them about The Black Legion.

What I am trying to say is; if your company is going to do something reality based to sell the sizzle instead of the steak, then good luck on your venture. If you are looking for something more realistic, I can help you. You can contact me through my website email [email protected] I am open to listening, but y'all have to be open to listening too.

Mike

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where a wrecked Civil War steamboat sank in shallow water with two bronze cannons made from melted church bells.... Just need financing to go search it out and salvage them and the rest of the relics that wend down with it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread