Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Users.......................

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Got my pointer on Friday. I used it immediately after work, and no I didn't read the directions. (Com'on :laughing7:) Anyway I turned it on and that was it. I started using it and was impressed with the depth it was getting. Then after about ten minutes, it started making an occasional different sound. Best I can describe it, it sounds like a siren on a police car in England. So imagine that sound when I came close to a target. Then after another 5 mins., it constantly did it, I had to shut it off, to get it to stop. Turned it on again, and it just kept going off with the police car siren. Figured, enough of this, I'll read the directions tonight, got diggin' to do.

Read the directions, and Saturday I took it out. Turned it on, everything fine, again for the first 10 mins., and then a replay of Friday.

Before I return it because I think somethings up, what are your thought's on the way it's operating.

-Both days, I just turned it on. No adjustments.
-No powerlines, or underground cable's.
-I took the battery out that came with it, and put a brand new one in.

Any thought's??

PS It's raining:sadsmiley:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, change your battery. That's all it is.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you are putting in a fresh new battery. Sounds like it's the battery to me. Mine acts weird when the battery is low.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agree. Battery.
If not, it probably needs to go back.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine did the same thing -- shortly after I got it. I wasn’t worried, as I've heard that sound before, with my original Pro-Pointer, and it means the battery is going out. My Pro-Pointer AT came with an Everyready 9-volt, unlike prior, where I believe it was Energizer. Anyway, the Pro-Pointer AT fired right back up and is still on that Energizer I put in it.

I wonder if some batteries Garrett got weren't defective, as the Pro-Pointers usually go for a long time before needing a new battery. I always take spare batteries in my "detecting kit" that I bring in my car, for both my detector and my pin-pointer. That and some other "goodies" I keep in there have saved many a hunt...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya mine does the continual beeping then constant blaring when the battery goes.

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT Pro goes bonkers when the battery's are low. First time it did it, I was like WTH is wrong with this thing........ A fresh set always brings it back to reality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread