Opinions on the time change... should we still be doing it ? Also some facts on it...

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boys and Girls, You miss the point entirely. Without DST, how would we know to change the batteries in our Smoke alarms.:laughing7:
Have a great day.:occasion14:
Marvin

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it serves no useful purpose in my opinion. It doesn't really affect me any but it's just kind of stupid. Also, how come Arizona and Hawaii can get away without it? Seems unfair to the rest of the nation.

The original post covered that quite well - much better than I could put into words.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1458010461275.jpg

wpsgta1000

Jul 17, 2013
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Kanab Utah which is 5 minutes from Arizona. Drove me and everyone else nuts trying to keep up with the time difference between the two towns. People late for work,or an hour early for an appointment.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Kanab Utah which is 5 minutes from Arizona. Drove me and everyone else nuts trying to keep up with the time difference between the two towns. People late for work,or an hour early for an appointment.
I have a friend that lives in Bullhead City Az, no DST, his wife works 5 mins away in Laughlin Nv which observes DST. She gets off work at 5pm drives homes 5 minutes away and gets home at 6:05pm...
I think it serves no useful purpose in my opinion. It doesn't really affect me any but it's just kind of stupid. Also, how come Arizona and Hawaii can get away without it? Seems unfair to the rest of the nation.
States can choose to not take part in DST...

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that lives in Bullhead City Az, no DST, his wife works 5 mins away in Laughlin Nv which observes DST. She gets off work at 5pm drives homes 5 minutes away and gets home at 6:05pm...

States can choose to not take part in DST...

In the morning, she can leave a half hour late, and get there 25 min. early. :icon_scratch:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's because I don't like change, and this screws up my life (somewhat) twice a year. I have to re-sync my internal clock to the light out side and what time the clock says, and takes a while.

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it just fine. Instead of falling asleep in my chair at 8:30, I now fall asleep in my chair at 9:30. Makes me feel better that I stayed up late. Oh and I get up at 7;30 now instead of 6;30. Whoa, for me that is sleeping in. Hell being old. In bed when we used to be just getting ready to go out.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think we should go back to the old days, when each city and town had its own local time, often only a few minutes apart.
For instance, if I walked fast enough to the nearest town, and in the right direction, I might even be able to arrive "before" I left. :laughing7:

It's completely impractical of course, but wouldn't it be fun just to see how screwed up things would get?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't like time change. I'm not a farmer, besides they have very bright lights on they're tractors now days. I see them out harvesting wheat past 10:PM during harvest season with they're lights on. They don't need an extra hour of sunlight anymore.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't like time change. I'm not a farmer, besides they have very bright lights on they're tractors now days. I see them out harvesting wheat past 10:PM during harvest season with they're lights on. They don't need an extra hour of sunlight anymore.

A quote from the Opening Post:
"5. Daylight saving time in the United States was not intended to benefit farmers, as many people think.
Contrary to popular belief, American farmers did not lobby for daylight saving to have more time to work in the fields; in fact, the agriculture industry was deeply opposed to the time switch when it was first implemented on March 31, 1918, as a wartime measure.
"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread