Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else remember the days were we mailed a check to the company for a purchase, and waited 4-6 weeks for delivery?

This cracked me up! just the other day I was rethinking of what may have been the first thing I ever ordered! an "Estes Model Rocket building kit". My Dad ( bless him and may God grant him Eternal rest) sent the check for me. the night it showed up was like Christmas for He and I. but the phrase that stuck in my had was " I sent off for this".. being a Scout it was most likely fro boys life Magazine!, ! Man we have come along way !

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Offgridman, I talked to Kellyco, your shipment has been changed to next day air and should arrive by close of business tomorrow, Thursday March 17.... It was a simple error on sales part or computer, appears a link was either not clicked or pc did not accept the click...

Hooray, that's was pretty nice of you TH. However learning a new machine, on the beach, does not sound like my idea of a vacation. Good luck with the Pro.

Steve

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_ Hunter is so good at fixing things. I wonder if I can get him to fix my pole chainsaw.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For you guys crying about the AT Pro not working well in the salt water.... You were using it wrong, or read about someone, who was using it wrong.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nothing but good to say about Kellyco. Every time I have dealt with them they have been excellent. I would highly recommend them for any detector or accessories.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yea
.... Looks like it will work out. .good

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For you guys crying about the AT Pro not working well in the salt water.... You were using it wrong, or read about someone, who was using it wrong.
No tears here. When it comes to the AT pro and salt water I for one have not read any good reviews. Maybe you can enlighten us and show us where they (the writers of the reviews)are wrong? Tips and tricks are always welcome.

fireaero1

Jul 14, 2012
Gallitzin,pa
Detector(s) used
white eagle ll SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all: I went on vacation one time forgot my sand scoop and called kellyco and they shipped to the camp ground I was staying at. No problems. Nobody is perfect. You all have a good day.Tom in central pa

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I was having a family reunion at my house when I realized the paint was peeling off the back porch. Kellyco sent their employees over to my house, sanded and painted the porch. Then they tapped the keg, cooked the burgers and did all the dishes! (they didn't mow the grass, but hey, nobody's perfect, right?)

Thanks Kellyco!

You saved the family reunion!

-Oh, and I would order from them again. Always fantastic service, and I won a free camo jacket by being a Charter Member.

Who's to complain with such benefits!

DiggerKeith

Mar 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last I saw on their website they were sold out of the AT pro i bought mine off a authorized dealer on Ebay got it in 3 days.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last I saw on their website they were sold out of the AT pro i bought mine off a authorized dealer on Ebay got it in 3 days.
Are you talking about the ATPro or the Diggers Special? Garrett no longer makes the Diggers special so they no longer have it in stock.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a member since Aug '09, first post ?!?

:icon_scratch: Kelly Co won't burn you ... another typo Aug 2009 is BS , how can that be possible , I joined up in 09 , me & the kids have never heard of you ? ??? naaaah First thread and post ... no way , not correct .

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No tears here. When it comes to the AT pro and salt water I for one have not read any good reviews. Maybe you can enlighten us and show us where they (the writers of the reviews)are wrong? Tips and tricks are always welcome.

For a single frequency VLF is does ok in the salt water. No it's not great, yes it chatters, but in pro mode it's completely useable. However in standard mode however, it falses way too much to be fun..

I did really well with my AT Pro in salt water here on the west coast of FL...always completely submerged. I did run into some problems on beaches that had lots of iron bits in the sand which is why I eventually upgraded.

Remember this is a $600 machine (I paid $300 for mine) not a $1500+ multifrequency machine. You can't expect it to work as well as one, but it does work. If you can afford only one machine for both land and beach hunting, the AT Pro is a pretty good option.

I don't recommend waterproof headphones with it though.. go with the deluxe land headphones and keep your head dry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
offgridman

offgridman

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2009
Mon Louis Island Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sand Shark, Garrett-Ace 250, Whites, Harbor freight pinpinter
Yea, just lurking around reading posts mostly. Trying to learn more about the hobby

OP
OP
offgridman

offgridman

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2009
Mon Louis Island Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sand Shark, Garrett-Ace 250, Whites, Harbor freight pinpinter
Your right, just got a bonus so the cash came in late. :laughing7: It was resolved the next day aired it to me at no cost.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe I just wasted 3 pages of my life of reading all of this.. Yikes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread