Becoming xp deus dealer

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of becoming a deus dealer , out of our antique shop . They sent me a contract to sign. Problem is I inquired about how much stock I have to buy, which is 2,000 yearly .ok no problem . Next I ask how much each type of machine is at cost to me . They would not give me details until after I signed their contract. Needless to say I told them to get bent .

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I suppose they don't provide that upfront because everyone would be sniffing around to find out the dealer price so they could try to weedle their own deals when they buy from one. It doesn't seem like a huge investment though if you really want to get into the business.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2,000 yearly, that's 38+ a week. That's a lot of Deus sales, or is it on the full range of XP detectors. :icon_scratch:

SS

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
racer117 wrote, "Next I ask how much each type of machine is at cost to me . They would not give me details until after I signed their contract."

Good job. They want you to 1) buy a minimum of their stock per year, 2) won't give you the pricing info you need in order to make an informed investment/business decision.

Based on what you've said, in my opinion you did the right thing!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that $2000 or 2000 machines a year? $2k isn't that much to take a gamble on.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking of becoming a deus dealer , out of our antique shop . They sent me a contract to sign. Problem is I inquired about how much stock I have to buy, which is 2,000 yearly .ok no problem . Next I ask how much each type of machine is at cost to me . They would not give me details until after I signed their contract. Needless to say I told them to get bent .

That's because if you were serious about being a dealer, it wouldn't bother you. No company is going to give out "trade" information to anyone just because they ask. Part of that contract you sign is a confidentiality statement that you won't divulge certain things. No contract, you aren't even going to get on field to play ball.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I'm not signing a contract for any product that refuses to divulge my cost! Seems way to risky to me...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread