T

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1287638

Spanish cross found yesterday in mountains. It doesn't bother me that you people have smart a** comments to post on here in relation to what I post. Above pic with cave I found gold nuggets in there. I guess the hate is real these days

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that looks interesting !
is it a Mine ? is it big enough to crawl in safely ?
from the pics it is hard to say if it's big enough to drive a train in, or small enough that you need to belly Crawl.
though the tree limp suggests "crawl" size. but it is too square to be natural.

looks like there may be a cave in back there though

image.jpeg

here is a Pic turned Correctly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

keep those pics coming !

I'm moving this thread to
General Discussion

though, because it does not quite fit the Today's Finds criteria
by my opinion.[to me Today's finds posts should be things,
Found that can be taken home]
But I'm not sure what would be the correct location.
(I am leaving a permanent redirect in Today's finds)

as for the "Smart ass" comments, if you send me a PM and say the word, I'll clean your whole thread up. including my off topic posts.
they are keeping your thread at the top though .. so your call

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems not natural. But no one would mark anything in the middle of a creek that floods during heavy rain. Water could move those rocks easily. Now the hole looks like a place a guy found silver in my neck of the woods. Most likely a animal den though. Lets see the woot woot now.

OP
OP
T

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live for spots like this. Wish my arm would heal up so I could go find some more. Awesome pic, what does the paint on top of the hole say?

The paint is probably from someone who just marked the location to return so they could find it. Their is a swift flowing stream below this...and you have to hike up about 200 ft to get to the opening so it wouldn't flood. Went back yesterday with my friend and we took samples from the cave, we
Found gold nuggets inside the cave. Going to get it tested and see what it comes out to. The Spanish cross in the other pic is evident of mining in the area. Lots of gold flake in the stream as well, in area of the cross there are 2 mines. This particular picture of cave goes back about 60-70 yards so it's pretty deep.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oxford online dictionary definition for woot:

informal
(Especially in electronic communication) used to express elation, enthusiasm, or triumph:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oxford online dictionary definition for woot:

informal
(Especially in electronic communication) used to express elation, enthusiasm, or triumph:

sorry ! when I see Woot I think bowie kwipke & the woot of aw-weevo
or Woo-Hoo misspelled. anyway, that's my problem :tongue3:

Back on topic please. this is a serious thread.

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1287638

Spanish cross found yesterday in mountains. It doesn't bother me that you people have smart a** comments to post on here in relation to what I post. Above pic with cave I found gold nuggets in there. I guess the hate is real these days

I think people had smart @$$ comments because they had no idea what the heck they were looking at. You posted a picture of Rocks basically and left everyone to guess what it was. Now the 2nd set of pictures is pretty awesome! Hope you find some lost treasure in there.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on the cross is it's a natural fracture in the rock. The adit doesn't look to be excavated with any modern drill and blast methods and more like it was dug by picking and prying out the rock. Is this adit open on both ends? It looks like I see light on the other end? If so it may have been dug to divert water for irrigation? Not all the Spaniards were after mineral wealth in Southern Colorado, but developed the agricultural resources of the area also. Still those early Spanish farming settlers had to hide there gold and silver someplace in the early days. Sure wish I had more time to look around that area. Keep posting more pic's as I'm getting a sense of the elevation your at by the rock formations and vegetation I'm seeing :)

Attachments

• woot pic 2.jpg
    woot pic 2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 242
OP
OP
T

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree with your assessment. It's your opinion anyways

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Care to explain more about the core sample. I have e no clue what I'm looking at.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that might be a discovery marker for someone's claim and that is a mine shaft maybe. Some people stack rocks like that as the discovery point/monument marker.

OP
OP
T

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Care to explain more about the core sample. I have e no clue what I'm looking at.

My buddy and myself took a core sample from the cave to see if it's gold or pyrite. We are getting it tested and if it's promising then I will look into seeing if anyone owns a claim in the area l. Don't want to be trespassing so I'll be going about doing this the correct way.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool you can download the public land survey system layer and google earth and pull up the past blm claims info or you can use this site which lets you do it I believe. http://www.mylandmatters.org/ you can prospect on expired claims legally so you don't have to claim it to look further if it's an expired claim and the area is still open to mineral entry. Good luck always bring a basic survival kit prospecting in case your car won't start or something:)

OP
OP
T

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool you can download the public land survey system layer and google earth and pull up the past blm claims info or you can use this site which lets you do it I believe. Welcome to Land Matters you can prospect on expired claims legally so you don't have to claim it to look further if it's an expired claim and the area is still open to mineral entry. Good luck always bring a basic survival kit prospecting in case your car won't start or something:)

I did actually look up the BLM mining claims in the area, and I didn't see a valid claim so I'm guessing it's open to free prospecting. We did see the occasional hiker here or there but nothing that made us paranoid. However I was armed just in case someone or something wanted to duke it out lmao

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread