Finally got it graded--so excited!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Wow, nice score !! How deep was it ? Gee I've never found one of those. ::)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang Silver Worm . A big congrats to you!

While trying not to be covetous , your tab just makes it harder to keep hunting for such a rarity knowing the odds are astronomical with there being one less now.
But at the same time there is a twinge of hope reborn....maybe ...just maybe , another could be out there ...somewhere.

I'm fully confident you have put many hours into research and acquiring site permissions over the years to earn your find , but still.... Luck had to play a part in it too.
It just had to....and did shine on you that day.
:icon_thumright:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if it was checked for fingerprints? It could have been pulled by someone famous.

GREAT IDEA.... Boy you are good!!! I'm now going to dust for fingerprints on every horseshoe I dig.... I KNOW some of these came from famous folks, outlaws and politicians. I'm so good at this that I can tell by just looking... ask me on "I know everything Thursday's"..... :occasion14:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice find. Reminds me of the story of the Buried Treasure somewhere in Oregon. The legend has it that a group of Redneck from Oklahoma made a visit to Oregon and had a bunch of pull tabs with them. As the story goes the Rednecks knew there were hippies in the area so they dug a two foot by two foot hole and placed the pull tabs in it so the hippies would not take them and use them as necklaces. They were visited by some hippies and were never seen again. There are broken tree branches on a pine tree that point to the location of the pull tabs. I have just started this research so if anyone else knows anything thing about this legend please post.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a shame it was damaged but stick with it, I'm sure you will find one in nearly uncirculated condition!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too cheap to have it conserved I see. :dontknow: :tongue3:

I agree Banner on the slabbed tab:headbang:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bahahahaha ya got me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions