Looking to upgrade from Garret 350.. At Pro the way to go?

DiggityDiggity

Sep 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,

I have currently have the 350 but am getting the itch to do an upgrade. It's a significant cost increase between the two so I wanted to know what your thoughts on the At pro? Is there a big difference in amount of finds from the 350 to the AT Pro? Are coins typically easier to find? Trash easier to spot? I'd love to hear your thoughts about this machine, pros and cons. :)

Cheers

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I upgraded from a 350 to an AT Pro and it was a night and day difference. Pro mode, you can tell the difference (by sound) between a bottle cap and a coin. You can identify pennies vs dimes/quarters, and you can hear if it's deep, or shallow, or big or small. I tried to use my Ace 350 after using my AT Pro for a few months and found the 350 extremely uncomfortable... slow recovery speed and you need to constantly watch the screen. Also, no manual ground balance and it doesn't work in salt water.

My advice is to find a used AT Pro and sell the 350 once you get it. Total cost of upgrade, $100. Headphones are definitely necessary... so budget for that. The Garrett Deluxe headphones are not bad for the money.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The ATP is in a whole nother ballpark over the 350. You will love it! It'll pop coins like nobody's business. It will easily identify gold jewelry to wheat pennies once the language is learned.
Best of luck!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
imo, going from 350 to ATP is upgrading from an entry level to a serious all around detector.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own both...only recently did I end up with a 350,just kinda happened.Its a loaner/backup.I took the 350 out for a day and as I swung a gtax 1250 with dd for years it was very familiar.after years on the atp going back to a 350 left me almost laughing at how little info I had to work with.Skippy said it very well.
In a nutshell,night and day differance !!!!

OP
OP
DiggityDiggity

DiggityDiggity

Sep 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thanks so much for your replies. Skippy, thanks for taking the time for giving the comparison in such detail. You guys have me convinced. I'll be puttin in a lot of overtime this month to buy this machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions