Got myself a pair of Snake Boots

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With warmer weather creeping up here in the Southwest,I decided not not to worry so much about Snakes,so I can concentrate more on finds. Their lightweight,waterproof,and easy on my feet. Purchased at Sportsmens Warehouse,St George,Utah,$149.00. IMG_20160318_194735.jpg IMG_20160318_194757.jpg

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I"m gonna reply to my own thread, snake boots come in differant styles and price ranges. I was in St George checking a lead out on a very old outlaw hideout, and was thinking of snakes. After that I saw Sportsmans Warehouse,and decided to go in and buy the boots on the spot. I often make snap decisions like that. I did find some reminants of a old corral and possible cabin. However at my age 67, and mostly hunting in rural areas,or desalite deserts,I only stay out no more than 4hours at a stretch.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are very nice boots. You can't be too careful although some of that snake venom might be worth a whole lot more than some coins.
Thanks for the pics!
Best of luck out there!

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The boots will help somewhat on your way in and out of the site, however once you start detecting, bending over, kneeling, and reaching for targets the boots won't help much. Keen eye site and a pair of rattler headphones would be a must for me, or no headphones at all. Good luck and stay safe. Nice boots though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread