Upcoming Vacation In Maryland

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This upcoming March 25-Apr 4 is a nice vaca for me! Some of those days I want to put in some MD time because I haven't been able to break mine out recently.
Is there anyone in Baltimore County that wouldn't mind helping me out? I'm really new at this and tried asking permission (read a bunch of the tips/posts/questions) and get turned away. I don't take it too hard because I know eventually I'll get better, but I would like to be able to get on a farm or older property that hasn't been hunted over like public parks.

Thanks for reading,
Matt

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do some research and try and find some old schools sites, or look for the oldest school still open. All my area schools were opened in the 60s so I don't find much. If you could
find a site that had a school from the late 1800s that's would be sweet.

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks mxh! I've been trying to do research on schools and libraries in my area. You don't need permission for them? Another thing is that I was kind of asking someone to take me under their wings to show me the ropes on approaching houses for permission and just enjoy showing my finds to another MDer straight out the ground!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks mxh! I've been trying to do research on schools and libraries in my area. You don't need permission for them? Another thing is that I was kind of asking someone to take me under their wings to show me the ropes on approaching houses for permission and just enjoy showing my finds to another MDer straight out the ground!

I've detected schools and parks and as long as school is not in session I have had zero issues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread