Tennessee Properties

RTH

Sep 22, 2015
Hunterdon County NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, White's MXT, Minelab EQ800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am looking for a few suggestions and maybe a few new friends.

I am currently considering buying property in Eastern Tennessee and would like some input from some of the locals as to what areas to avoid, or what areas to focus on. I have been focusing so far on Monroe county but I am not going to limit myself.

In case you haven't guessed, I have been bitten by the gold bug and want a property that I can do some gold panning/sluicing. I also want enough land to develop a small farm. If anyone has some suggestions of properties that may be available but not currently listed for sale, please let me know. I would also like to hear from a few folks to show me a few public places to pan when I pass through in a few weeks, most likely in April.

I am also interested in historical properties or areas to do a little metal detecting.

Thanks for reading my post and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Rich

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In western Tennesee, is the Coker Creek chapter (GPAA). They have a family forum under that name. Big Al, Chuck Ferris, and some others on that forum can tell you all about that area. Very friendly folks that look forward to meeting and helping newbies.

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a thought here... land in eastern Tenn. is generally hilly to very hilly to mountainous, depending on where exactly you are at. While that may be good for gold mining, it may not be so conducive to farming. I don't live in Tenn, but my mom is from Monterrey and we have visited there a lot over the years, and we always drove up through I-40 so I have an idea of the terrain. Good luck with whatever you decide.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
+1 on contacting the GPAA. Really nice folks. Try to schedule your trip to coincide with one of their monthly meetings if possible (see Coker Creek GPAA website).

I know of a good land deal in southwesternmost VA, but none in TN. Of course, there isn't any gold at that site either. Good Luck.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Bad. The Coker Creek group is in Eastern Tenn. Don't know why I said western.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread